Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Shadows flickering - P3D V3

Does anyone had this problem with object shadows (autogen and simobjects) flickering? Know how to fix it?

I had some flickering flying over the Rocky Mountains two days ago, at the mountain peaks. It looked like the shadows at the tops of the mountains were flickering, but I turned off shadows and still saw it. Not sure what it was but when I got to an area away from the tallest mountain peaks, it stopped. never have seen that in 2.5 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've noticed that reflections on the coast flicker quite a bit. I've ended up turning them off for everything but clouds.

Yes have them, no, don't know how to get rid of them! Am all ears...

Yes have them, no, don't know how to get rid of them! Am all ears...

Did you have it on v2.5? I don´t remember having on v2.5. 

Anyone have the cockpit shadows flicker? Seems like with a 1 degree change of view (track IR or panning) the shadow gets dimmer or brighter).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have to set shadow quality to ultra to get rid of it.

On V3? Which windows? Even with ultra I get this issue.

I´m using V3, windows 10, last nvidia driver.

Did you have it on v2.5? I don´t remember having on v2.5. 

No I didn't, I've only set them on as I seem to have improved performance on v3.

I have the shadows flickering in v3 and i had in v2.5 too.

After few tests, and with shadows setting at ultra too, i decided to turn on only the clouds and my airplane shadows, that seems to work fine.

But i'll be happy, if somebody knows how to, if i could use the simobject shadows without flickering :)

G.

Currently, they are as they are.   There is no fix.  You will get some flicker.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On V3? Which windows? Even with ultra I get this issue.

I´m using V3, windows 10, last nvidia driver.

W7-64, last driver. No flickering of tree- or building shadows on ultra-setting!

I'm allways using 4*SGSSAA, maybe that helps.

(still wondering how somebody can live without it... and yes, very smooth...)

W7-64, last driver. No flickering of tree- or building shadows on ultra-setting!

I'm allways using 4*SGSSAA, maybe that helps.

(still wondering how somebody can live without it... and yes, very smooth...)

Will try my windows 7 later. I guess its something windows 10 related + Drivers for windows 10. I don´t know.