Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

Version 2.11

Will be available over the next few days,

Flight Sim Store customers - they have prepared the new wrapper and it should go live soon.

FastSpring customers  - live now.

Note that there wasn't a 2.10   I skipped from 2.9 to 2.11,   Why?  because it installed as 2.1 which could be confusing.

Changes are:

ASN High Level Cloud Squares

Fix to stop the squares that appear when a high level cloud texture is not available.

Improved Effects Change Detection

The fixer could detect new effects but not a change to an existing effect.

Toolbox Bulk Conversions (User Request)

Option when doing 8 bit conversions to process a directory subtree rather than one aircraft

Tree Lighting

At dawn/dusk make backlit trees darker.

Apron Lighting in Fog

Fix for Erfurt apron lighting in fog which was very bright.

Terrain Detail

Option not to use land detail texture beyond 1000m  - eliminates grey dots if using a replacement grass texture

Re-installed and working well. Thank you.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Hmmm,

without having to go through the Manual... and because it was never very clear to me, what is the correct sequence to uninstall the Fixer ?

1) Disable the DX10 mode and shaders In the Fixer Menu, and then uninstall the program or...

2) not touching DX10 FSX / FSX:SE mode and shaders folders, simply uninstalling the fixer and installing the new version, starting it, which when run will show the same settings inherited from the sim settings, and left there by the last version ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Discard my laziness.... It's so simple to read 3 lines of the Manual, or readme file that comes with the update and run it...

And, BTW, although I never noticed any artifacts before, even with ASN, this version is also working just GREAT!

Thx for the excellent continuing development you keep doing Steve!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks a lot for the new version and all your hard work,Steve.

It`s much appreciated.

Mike

Thanks a lot for the new version and all your hard work,Steve.

It`s much appreciated.

Mike

Steve is tops, and the app is terrific....thanks for the continual improvements.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Steve, I want to upgrade and can't seem to find version 2.11....any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm trying to do some testing (of just dx10 preview as recommended) before thinking about buying, specially because I have amd.

I'm trying to get vsybc to work, and even though I have it specified in both fsx.cfg and in the radeon settings, I have kind of a mixed result... Outside views seem to have vsync, but inside the VC when I look around there is definitely tearing... Is this a dx 10 thing that fixer fixes, or is it just something I have wrong in the settings and need to fix first..?

Also what things would be normal to see wrong yet still "ok" with just the preview that the fixer will (hopefully) fix? I see some black tiles occasionally, sometime some "spikes"? and sometimes some really weird textures ALL around the screen (though strangely this last issue seems to happen when testing dx10 only when I load up the sim for the first time, and not on subsequent test flights/plane changes)

The fixer, addresses issues in the shader logic only. None of the issues that you describe sound to be shader related.

On vysnc I suggest that you download the dx10 how to guide from nzfsim if you haven't already done so and check the vsync settings recommended.

On spikes etc with amd the only workaround is to set AA to no more than4x and to set the water slider in fsx settings to a maximum value of 2.low

There is a separate issue with some (Russian mainly) port over aircraft that can show texture corruption early in the flight when the mouse pointer is visible.

Hello SteveFx,

Greetings.

I am glad I got the DX10 fixer for the first time. To be honest I really don't quite understand the user manual. The software seems to work great except one thing: I see mountains flashing/flickering like a piece of fabric flapping in strong wind when I am airborn. This is most pronounced when the mountains are in some distance and viewed side ways, both in 2d and 3d cockpit. What could be the cause and what setting should I adjust to get rid of it?

Thanks for your help.

Yanif

I am sorry I cannot understand your problem!   If you take off from Interlaken Mil are the mountains ok?  Can you tell me somewhere (lat long) where you see an issue please?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late response.

I experienced this around YXC vor in Alberta Canada just north of Montana at 40,000 MSL.

I googled this problem and am surprised that I couldn't find other FSX users encounting this.  It seems that Cloud shimmering is more common, maybe also runway shimmering. However I found mountain flickering is a known issue in Skyrim called z-fighting. I also saw you mentioned runway shimmering related to z-fighting in one of your 2012 posts. It's interesting that I don't have any cloud or runway flickers. I have also been playing with AA settings in past two days without any success.

I wish I could record a video to send over. But I don't know how. Here is a youtube video very similar to what I saw up there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHt-4Z6PwI

Best regards,

Yanif

I took off from CYXC  ascended to 40,000.  Then flew east,  turned and flew west over the VOR, looped north and flew back over the airport.

I didn't see any issues.  You sometimes see the LOD resolutions of the scenery change which can cause ground features to appear that weren't previously there and vice versa but that is nothing like what you describe.

Have you any camera addons or have you altered camera.cfg?   If the clipmode was changed that would impact the depth resolution and could cause flickering and clipping, but with the default settings I see no issues.   Does the same issue occur in spot view?

I don't have any mesh addons in that area so I am looking at smoothed mountains  - it is possible that a different mesh could cause issues I suppose, but it would be the same in DX9 as DX10  I would have thought.