Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

P3D using DSR, How if never fullscreen

Hey guys, I am curious as how to setup DSR for P3D to omit the requirement of AA but how can this be done if P3D is only pseudo full screen? I have been told some members have achieved this though so I would like to pick their brains. 

When I change the resolution to a DSR value, it doesn't change the appearance of the sim like it did in FSX. Only thing it does is make everything look more fuzzy, like FXAA being on.

If I recall correctly, I needed to disable my second monitor.  Until doing that, I could only change to 1.25x resolution.  After disabling I could also do 1.5x and 2x.  Sometimes difficult to see, so I always turn on the red text at the top left of the screen (eg. frame rate).  After changing resolution, this should change in size and position, going smaller for higher resolutions.

Simon

I only run one monitor, so you a running at 2x DSR and AA off and are happy with the clarity and texture quality?

I didn't like AA off so it's back on.  DSR is a big improvement (subjectively) for certain aircraft instrument panels and certain sceneries.  By no means is everything perfect, but so far I am happy with it.  I need to try some performance scenarios that used to challenge my old settings of SGSS.

Simon

You shouldn't turn AA off DSR allows you to decrease the AA needed for for the same or sometimes better visual quality. Instead lower it , turn off your setting in NVIDIA Inspector that are not needed like Sparse Grid Sampling and any overrides, instead let P3D manage it and set it at 2X for example. That frees up graphics card resources.

To answer your question when using DSR you are using more pixels for the same image thus any jagged edges are in a way hidden because of the high amount of pixels.

You have to how ever use DSR for everything for that simulator session.

I use DSR always with Windows 10 the Ui resizes to make it the same aspect ratio as not having it on. P3d does the same thing.

Older programs such as X PLANE and other programs like Photoshop and premier won't resize so when I want to use those programs I turn off DSR and restart my PC then I can use those older programs that won't change aspect ratio automatically.

DSR also helps with texture filtering and appearance so clouds, ground polys and other shimmering you had before will dissappear with DSR.

Hope it helps.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight