Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Note to users of VFR GenX England/Wales and ES Treescapes

If you use PlayHorizon VFR GenX England & Wales photographic scenery and ES Treescapes, then you might be interested in this. ES Treescapes is an excellent addon for UK photoscenery users, but the textures used for Volumes 1/2/3 (England & Wales) make forests look a bit like "equatorial jungles" (which is not ideal for the UK). However, there is a solution. I purchased ORBx FTX Northern Ireland to complement my UK and Republic of Ireland photoscenery (because there is no decent photoscenery of Northern Ireland available). After I had installed this, I realised that the textures used for the ES Treescapes trees in England & Wales had been replaced with the (much better looking) ORBx tree textures. I recently had the chance to check this again because I had to wait for the P3D v3 version of FTX Northern Ireland to be released. I finally installed FTX Northern Ireland into P3D v3 last night, and a quick check this evening has confirmed that the ORBx tree textures are back! They look so much more natural and realistic than the old ES Treescapes textures, and blend much better with the surrounding scenery.

So, if you want improved textures for ES Treescapes in England and Wales, you could do worse than purchasing ORBx FTX Northern Ireland (the cheapest UK region). The ORBx trees are activated by default in FTX Central, and you don't even need to have the Northern Ireland scenery enabled!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you use PlayHorizon VFR GenX England & Wales photographic scenery and ES Treescapes, then you might be interested in this. ES Treescapes is an excellent addon for UK photoscenery users, but the textures used for Volumes 1/2/3 (England & Wales) make forests look a bit like "equatorial jungles" (which is not ideal for the UK). However, there is a solution. I purchased ORBx FTX Northern Ireland to complement my UK and Republic of Ireland photoscenery (because there is no decent photoscenery of Northern Ireland available). After I had installed this, I realised that the textures used for the ES Treescapes trees in England & Wales had been replaced with the (much better looking) ORBx tree textures. I recently had the chance to check this again because I had to wait for the P3D v3 version of FTX Northern Ireland to be released. I finally installed FTX Northern Ireland into P3D v3 last night, and a quick check this evening has confirmed that the ORBx tree textures are back! They look so much more natural and realistic than the old ES Treescapes textures, and blend much better with the surrounding scenery.

So, if you want improved textures for ES Treescapes in England and Wales, you could do worse than purchasing ORBx FTX Northern Ireland (the cheapest UK region). The ORBx trees are activated by default in FTX Central, and you don't even need to have the Northern Ireland scenery enabled!

ORBX hd trees can be purchased for £10.75 and there is a v3 installer,

bob

Hi, so are you saying to purchase the Orbx trees, run the v3 installer and my treescapes version will automatically be replaced with more realistic ones and all positioned correctly?

If so, that's great - Thanks so much!

Phil Murfin

I went one step further :

- use of HD trees from Orbx and resized them to 50% ( I am jetflyer )

- placed the Treescape textures on another drive

- replaced them by OpenVFR autogen UK + Ireland

Now I have photoscenery with custom placed autogen trees and buildings placed on top of it...

Nb :

Whole Western Europe I have as photoscenery and today I purchased the Open VFR autogen packages for each of the countries.

This is the most realistic view I have had....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi, so are you saying to purchase the Orbx trees, run the v3 installer and my treescapes version will automatically be replaced with more realistic ones and all positioned correctly?

If so, that's great - Thanks so much!

Phil Murfin

Phil if you go to ORBX site you can read up the info on FTX Trees HD and look at the screenshot gallery, after installation open up FTXCentral2 and click on settings and it should be listed.

bob

edit after reading Gerard's post you need to check if they go directly over VFR scenery if that's what you intend to use. maybe Gerard can answer that.

on flightsimstore site it says 'will upgrade all of your autogen trees, worldwide. Just download, install, so going over VFR scenery may not be possible anyways hope Gerard can comment on it.

Now I have photoscenery with custom placed autogen trees and buildings placed on top of it...

Nb :

Whole Western Europe I have as photoscenery and today I purchased the Open VFR autogen packages for each of the countries.

Do you still fly with this setup? 

Gen x with OpenVFR autogen and trees, would love to see a few screen shots if you're able??

with thanks 

Nb :

How did you resize the trees Gerard?

Hi David,

Uninstall your FTX HD Trees.

Rename your main Scenery folder to Scenery.a ..

Create an empty Scenery folder

Install FTX HD Trees.

You will find that there has made a Global / Texture folder with all FTX HD Trees files in it.

Copy them to a new place outside P3D and devide them into 2 new folders called 2048 and 1024 as that are the sizes of the textures. 

1. DL a program called Ordenador :  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?
  2. Start the program.
  3. Set the plugin path to the 2048 folder. Leave everything at default, only check Resize down and choose > 1024
  4. Start
  5. Now all textures will be resized to 50% in a blink of an eye. Do the same for the 1024 folder, only set Resize down to > 512.
  6. When everything is finished copy all new files form both folders into Scenery / Global / Texture

You will now have even faster performance with FTX "HD" Trees

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Many thanks for that Gerard..... really appreciated. Every little saving helps!  :good: