Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Can you do R NAV approaches in Prepar 3D?

I tried with the MikViz Garmin 430 and it doesnt have the R NAV approaches.

Can you do R NAV approaches in prepar 3D with the F 1 GTN 750, 650 or the Mindstar 430 and 5530?

If I understand your question properly, yes you can. It really depends on the aircraft and navigation database that you are using. Native P3D has some RNAV approaches already. Updated nav databases will add more.

The GTN750 has them and the Aivlasoft EFB has also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Is there a way to update the native P3D navdata?

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bob, Correct me if I'm wrong (and I would so love to be wrong about this) but that doesn't update approach data, does it?

Chris

Bob, Correct me if I'm wrong (and I would so love to be wrong about this) but that doesn't update approach data, does it?

For approach data you have to go to sites like Navigraph and subscribe to an update. https://www.navigraph.com/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Does Navigraph have native P3D data?

That is what the link I posted does, it changes most of  the Navaid data in P3D like ILS freqs, etc.  to up to date data. 

Does Navigraph have native P3D data?

No, Navigraph is new AIRAC data for most popular aircraft FMS/FMC updates. Navigraph doesn't publish data for FSX/P3D itself, just for the aircraft FMS databases that are flown in the sim.

So for example, you fly any of the PMDG aircraft and you want to update the FMC database, then you would buy the updated data from Navigraph. If your flying these type of planes that use their own FMS/FMC for navigation, then it doesn't matter if the FSX data is up to date or not since those type of planes don't rely on P3Ds data. The only thing you might need to have is updated AFCADS for the proper ILS frequencies.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator