Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

New York City XP

Are they using xplane global lighting or is this the same garbage FSX converted scenery, with the backed in lights ? Their NY airports and Miami scenery was sub-par. I am not buying any FSX converted scenery with backed in lights and low res textures !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

No FREAKIN' way...wo------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>w!

Sold.....

• Upvote 1

The manual is very well done, with a good preamble about New York City, its history...and how to get the most out of this product, and what you can expect to see/find/enjoy...   Very well done.

Post Edit:

I have some running recommendations for this scenery package.  First off, the detail is huge...elevated tram ways, high way systems, I mean...too much to spell out...and at my sim settings (the highest) it took a full three minutes of a fast system to load in all the scenery files to comprise this package.  I have 12 GB's of system memory, and believe me...you will use every last drop (at full-out sim settings) you can muster.  My first few flight were from KJFK, towards the city centre on the Hudson...at dawn...and I have never seen the like of it.

Here's my recommendations for initial usage:

1. After installing New York, and area....run XPX and pick KJFK, or any other New York area airport. Once you are there on the tarmac, don't do anything else. Shut down XPX.41, so you will come clean to this airport with your chosen (try G.A. first) aircraft, the next usage.

2.  Reboot your system, and DEFRAG in this operation.

3.  Reboot once more to Desktop, and then fire up XPX.41  You should now, after the initial load-in, be in your chosen aircraft, and at your chosen New York area, airport.  Now...go and fly...you will now get the best FPS/eye-candy ratio you can at the settings you wish to view this at.  I must tell you though...you will want to get the highest visual settings, to fully enjoy what they threw at you....wow.

Have fun...

Back to the sim....

Ok...I am impressed!  Yes..I know that there are some that, with my level of enthusiasm, think that I would be impressed watching a snail ooze across the patio, but in actuality, that is not the case.  I have very definite expectations of things. If they are even half-met...I give a here, here, reading.  That accounts for individuality of nature.  If something exceeds my 'burned-in' expectations (perhaps through marketing and promotion hype, etc) then, folks know around here, that I don't hold back, my pleasure to use...

This package in a nutshell, the total square mileage and feature-rich (at full sim settings) is worth every dollar of the asking price, currently $36.00 to date.

It is so good, that I am firstly enjoying all that is visible under my Eclipse v2.00 left wing, aft....

Right now, after leaving the downtown core, am skirting the outer banks...over so well made (detail) beaches, ocean water-front, etc...the roadways, the highways, the traffic, boats, marinas...all of it...too much right now, to start typing over...that I can easily see why at the highest visual settings, this package would take (even with a 10,000 rpm Velocirator it sits upon) 2 to three minutes to load into the sim.

My quick recommendation, is this,...if you own XPX.41....see exactly for yourself, live-time, what this sim can punch out, graphically, with a Dev that sucked every last drop out of the rendering engine...and yes...it is optimized. I am pulling for the most part 18-22 FPS at an airport, and 20-30 (fluctuates per second) FPS in air.  Remember though...I have the sim set visually to the highest (Extreme) settings...and at 18-22/18-30 FPS airborne, XPX.41/this New York package is stunning...

I'll be posting some pics...but am not (my usual M.O.) going to blast them out as I initially take the scenery in. Why?...well..there is SO MUCH TO SEE...and enjoy...so to do this justice..I need to see what I wish to show...set the shots up for best representation...and the like.  The details are superb. The animation is superb. The highways...roadways...traffic...and OMG...the night lighting (with HDR on, and Terra Haze settings)...is to die for...in a word, real-world, and magnificent.

So, folks...later...need to get back shooting along the coast at 1,200 feet...and be jaw-dropped every mile flown...bye for now...

Eclipse_9.png

These series of quick shots, just after dawn, with the sun coming up in the East...

Enjoy!

Eclipse_8.png

Eclipse_14.png

Eclipse_11.png

Eclipse_12.png

Eclipse_13.png

Eclipse_15.png

Eclipse_16.png

Eclipse_14dc6a1.png

Eclipse_17.png

Eclipse_24.png

Eclipse_22.png

Eclipse_19.png

Eclipse_20.png

Eclipse_23.png

Eclipse_21.png

Eclipse_18.png

Ses

• Upvote 4

I will have to pick this out of my love of NYC. However, I was a bit surprised at the price. sub 25 dollars would have been the sweet spot in my opinion. Whilst I appreciate the amount of work that goes into these packages, add-on prices are getting quite steep these days. 

I will have to pick this out of my love of NYC. However, I was a bit surprised at the price. sub 25 dollars would have been the sweet spot in my opinion. Whilst I appreciate the amount of work that goes into these packages, add-on prices are getting quite steep these days. 

Well, considering that ORBX charges well beyond this price now for an airport, having this incredible detail, and total fly-over land mass coverage/square miles...makes this a very fair to market (IMO) purchase price, as post purchase, and enjoyment-level of use. I can't imagine that you will not be thrilled as well. :)

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Well, considering that ORBX charges well beyond this price now for an airport, having this incredible detail, and total fly-over land mass coverage/square miles...makes this a very fair to market (IMO) purchase price, as post purchase, and enjoyment-level of use. I can't imagine that you will not be thrilled as well. :)

Mitch

Very true regarding Orbx and I guess this covers a greater area with more detail. I suppose I just get that 'guilty feeling' when spending more than 29.99 on an add-on...lol

Very true regarding Orbx and I guess this covers a greater area with more detail. I suppose I just get that 'guilty feeling' when spending more than 29.99 on an add-on...lol

I think though...that everybody agrees,  even those, exclusive to the M.S. based camp...with XP as the sim base...we Xp'ers...usually get away with 'the happy dance' as per content, free-ware, donation-ware, and in this case, 3rdP commercial pricing....

I think though...that everybody agrees,  even those, exclusive to the M.S. based camp...with XP as the sim base...we Xp'ers...usually get away with 'the happy dance' as per content, free-ware, donation-ware, and in this case, 3rdP commercial pricing....

Indeed, we are spoiled rotten compared to other sim platforms.

Mitch,

Thanks for posting the pics.

I grew up in NYC and did my initial CFI in KFRG. I flew all over NYC, including up and down the Hudson. I have an affinity for the entire area.

This scenery on XP 10 encapsulates what I was clamoring for over a decade ago.

DD deserves a big THANK YOU for their continued support to XP.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Mitch,

Thanks for posting the pics.

I grew up in NYC and did my initial CFI in KFRG. I flew all over NYC, including up and down the Hudson. I have an affinity for the entire area.

This scenery on XP 10 encapsulates what I was clamoring for over a decade ago.

DD deserves a big THANK YOU for their continued support to XP.

Jose

You're welcome!   Having a blast...and very immersive.

Great shots Mitch.  Thanks for the recommendations.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Beautiful work by Drzewiecki Design. I was wondering if the Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, NJ is included? Either way it is on my wish list. Hopefully, it will be part of a Christmas sale.

I have the NY/NJ airports by DD and this should fit in really well.

Jim Morgan