These have been out for awhile, but I "rediscovered" them today.

Saitek makes a plugin which can be used with their panels in MS:FSX, SE:FSX, P3D v2.x and XPlane.

They "mostly" replace SPAD and appear to work with the gauges.  However, I only have the switch, dual radio and multi panels and couldn't test them.

The FSX version automatically installed into EXE.DLL.

I said "mostly" because there is no customization, so they are probably not as useful for some 3rd party aircraft. 

I couldn't find any documentation, but there is a brief mention in the instruments panel manual on Saitek's site.

Still, if you're having trouble with SPAD they might be worth a try.  Just be sure to delete the SPAD entry before installing or you'll have competing software.

Ernest Pergrem

Hmmm... I long ago deleted any Saitek drivers in favor of SPAD and have never looked back.  SPAD works and works very, very well.  What, specifically, do you think this Saitek software does better than SPAD?

Based on my experience, the multi-panel and radio panel would have extremely limited usefulness without SPAD, with numerous flaws (like, say, tuning issues with the radio panel and support for only default AP functionality with the multi-panel).  Does this Saitek software address the limitations of the old Saitek drivers?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Scott

Hmmm... I long ago deleted any Saitek drivers in favor of SPAD and have never looked back.  SPAD works and works very, very well.  What, specifically, do you think this Saitek software does better than SPAD?

I'm a SPAD user also and did not imply that the Saitek drivers did anything better than SPAD. 

The message was simply meant as an FYI in the event someone was having issues with SPAD.

Ernest Pergrem

I'm a SPAD user also and did not imply that the Saitek drivers did anything better than SPAD. 

The message was simply meant as an FYI in the event someone was having issues with SPAD.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the clarification.

Scott

Spad.Next - a sequel. Highly customizable, even allowing for separate profiles for different aircraft.  And under continued development:

http://www.fsgs.com/forum/index.php

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

HI fppilot,

I saw bad review on Simarket about SPAD.Next . People stated there the customization required a great skill. Can you confirm or infirm there statemnent ?

I was interested, but I hesitate in view of this reviews.

Soory for my bad english

Michel

HI fppilot,

I saw bad review on Simarket about SPAD.Next . People stated there the customization required a great skill. Can you confirm or infirm there statemnent ?

I was interested, but I hesitate in view of this reviews.

Soory for my bad english

Michel

It had a pretty steep learning curve, and that was in my humble opinion (IMHO) due to the available degree of customization for buttons and switches and the color schemes in the user interface. It was a black background with a just barely lighter shade of dark gray for the click spots and drop downs. I consumed too much of the developers time (he is one individual person) and he recognized the issue from our contact and the most recent update changed the background to white. Now the actions are clear to see.  The shade difference was not as bad on his system.  I did not seek them out, but he said there are youtube videos showing you how to use Spad.Next.

It does need better documentation, and is not yet perfect, but it works great and the available degree of customization is high. If he keeps working on it, it will allow an FSUIPC level of customization for the panels that has not yet been available.  I repeat, for the panels.  Panels not flight controls.  I have not found that FSUIPC does anything for my multipanel. Spad.Next does.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Mr Patton for your input, I will may be reconsider my purchased when I will have more time to initiate this learning curve.

Michel

Thanks Mr Patton for your input, I will may be reconsider my purchased when I will have more time to initiate this learning curve.

Michel

There is a freeware version and a payware (registered) version. The freeware version will work very nicely for many. The payware version is for more sophisticated uses, I presume such as PMDG, etc. There are good details on the differences on the web site if you poke around. I appreciated Spad.Next, after my learning curve, enough to make a donation vs purchasing the payware version, as flying general aviation aircraft I really did not need any of the enhanced features of the payware (registered) version.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I made a stop at simmarket, and well, there is new reviews that are really good and complete. Very very temptating. I wait this weekends, in case of black friday sale for purchase it.

Thanks for your input.

Michel