Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

New York City X V2 Scenery by Drzewiecki Design FSX and P3D

Thought you guys would like this. I've become a bit of a perfectionist it seems, and I can see the flaws, but on the other hand, the devs have done an excellent job of ameliorating them and creating an impressive scenery. Depending on the frame rates, this could be a really nice buy.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'd be curious if any changes have been made between v1 and v2... The first iteration of the NYC X scenery seems to have a very performance-heavy reputation, which is logical considering the amount of detail being presented.

No amount of optimization will eliminate such performance hits, but I'd love to see a head-to-head between the two.

-Greg

Interested in seeing how this performs in V3 as well...anyone with hands-on experience care to comment on the improvements / changes?

Interested in seeing how this performs in V3 as well...anyone with hands-on experience care to comment on the improvements / changes?

Well, one thing I can see from the video is that instead of the sickly yellow night lighting, they just put bright lights in the streets to illuminate the buildings at night. It's clever, and actually much more attractive. There are also a good number of custom buildings rather than just the google street map ones (that can be super-low resolution and sometimes melted, like something from Salvador Dali)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As a New Yorker, that scenery is pretty remarkable/ 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Impressive! I found my office building in there properly modeled as it happens to have an odd shape. It isn't a landmark anyone would recognize, but they got it. Good job!

The Demo version seems to conflict with FSDT KJFK .

I get a constant loop saying that a scenery is causing Cuatl.exe  to restart or update to latest addon manager. 

Have to disable either one version.

The Demo is only 50% right ? The FPS seems nice . 30-40fps in the Carenado A36 maxed out in V3

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

In my eyes, it is probably the most detailed and accurate rendition of a city I have ever come across in a flight simulator.  Flaws? I'm sure it's got some but the immersion level is supreme.  Kudos to the developer.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I owned V1 of this scenery and found it unusable due to performance. As a prior owner, I was offered V2 for around $12 US, and had reward points which allowed me to purchase for about $2. So despite my skepticism the price was unbeatable and I bought it. I'm running it in Prepar3d V3 on an i7-4790K CPU-based system running at just over 4.4 GHz, with 16 GB RAM and a 4 GB Nvida GTX 970 video card. It is very very impressive performance-wise and a vast improvement over V1. I have most of my detail sliders set pretty high and I'm getting an average of 20-30 FPS at 2560x1440 resolution over the Manhattan area, and the scenery is stunning. Well worth the investment even at full price IMO.

Is it on sale anywhere?  Simmarket is showing 50% off all DD products, but i don't see NY among them;-(

Just a word of caution to anyone purchasing NYCX from Simware. After confirming and being told it was V2, the download was still V1.2. They are looking into it, but it's now been a couple of days and still nothing...

Has anyone tried NYC v2 with a complex tubeliner (NGX, Aerosoft Airbus)? How is the performance?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT