Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

New York City X V2 Scenery by Drzewiecki Design FSX and P3D

I find the video comments informative. One wonders if P3D would have less OOM's.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've tried it with an A2A 182, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I thought it wouldn't handle it. But it did. I haven't tried with any tubeliners yet though. But the scenery is amazing! Much more optimized than v1. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It's a very nice scenery!

Pity it gives me 6.2 frames on a quite strong machine with the "light" textures... I usually get 60-70 elsewhere.

Simply unusable...

WOW - just installed V2 and it is incredible. The performance, given the detail, is mind blowing! Can't wait till they hit some of the world's other big centers... 

On my sli 970ssc i7-4790k 16gb 2400 system I'm getting 25-30 fps, full right sliders, FDW lear 35. Wow, and no oom. Slow flight orbit of Manhattan 5 times and all is happy.

Very nice! It's almost unbelievable the performance they're wringing out of the custom autogen models (given default can have such a hard impact).

Potroh, AI traffic in the area could have a massive impact on your performance - have you tried running with Air Traffic Manager? 

On my sli 970ssc i7-4790k 16gb 2400 system I'm getting 25-30 fps, full right sliders, FDW lear 35. Wow, and no oom. Slow flight orbit of Manhattan 5 times and all is happy.

Looks promising - Is this with any payware airports in the area ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Looks promising - Is this with any payware airports in the area ?

Michael Moe

No, but my traffic 6 active.

My findings in FSX-MS (many sliders way to the right):

• VAS close to 4 GB in the default trike with high-res textures as per the default installation (unusable with my preferred graphics options)
  • VAS about 3.6 GB with all three low-res options in the installer ticked (OK-ish für default planes or the Dodosim helicopter)
  • excellent frame rates with AI traffic off (both GA and commercial, fps close to my 30 fps limit)
  • AI traffic at 20%/20% (MT6) basically kills my fps - that's the fault of the airspace, not of the DD scenery
  • low buildings - as mentioned here already - are not lit at night, but the skyscrapers look very cool, even with the low-res textures installed

So fps-wise this scenery really has become usable and enjoyable. VAS-wise I have to be very careful about the plane I pick and/or my graphics settings.

Overall a considerable improvement. I refuse to pay for fixes, but the new buildings, bridges, and night textures come at a very reasonable upgrade price.

Bought it at 50% off at simmarket.com . Will try it tonight and report back even with the NGX.

I just upgraded my 1600MHZ dominator RAM to 2400MHZ and hoping for a 5-10% increase in FPS like i did from 1333 to 1800MHZ(o/c).

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Bought it at 50% off at simmarket.com . Will try it tonight and report back even with the NGX.

I just upgraded my 1600MHZ dominator RAM to 2400MHZ and hoping for a 5-10% increase in FPS like i did from 1333 to 1800MHZ(o/c).

Michael Moe

Looking forward to your feedback with a decent add-on plane. For me, these sceneries are of use only if I can leave them activated if flying into or out of New York in a tubeliner (NGX or Aerosoft Airbus). I'm not the guy who likes to fly around a city with the trike just to look at some skyscrapers. Too boring... But to each his own...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Looking forward to your feedback with a decent add-on plane. For me, these sceneries are of use only if I can leave them activated if flying into or out of New York in a tubeliner (NGX or Aerosoft Airbus). I'm not the guy who likes to fly around a city with the trike just to look at some skyscrapers. Too boring... But to each his own...

Moderate graphics settings this time, AI traffic 20/20%, NGX placed at rwy 22 at KLGA, first default VC view (CPT's seat/glareshield view) and just a little panning to the right to have the N.Y. skyline in view: Neither liked the VAS usage nor the fps. Just some more panning and/or panel opening and the VAS limit would have been reached. (And this did not even involve a flight into N.Y. yet.) N.Y. City textures were still low-res for all three install options.

Here comes a short report from about 30 minutes of overflying New York in the NGX 738WL AAL livery with ASN at historic 1712 UTC Juli 2 2015 with 3 layers. HQ DD Textures

Zulu 23.55-00.55 in the sim btw.

Amazing is all i can say.

From departure gate 3/rwy 22L up and running we are at 30-35fps in FSDT KJFK at VAS around 3.3GB with FS2CREW,GSX (doesnt do anything because engine is running but i did activate it)

Everything maxed out except road traffic at 5% and MT6 at 5% with limiter set at 35 planes. Water medium. HD2048 textures. (no terrain shadows ,no SLI and 40nm cloud shadows,buildings to cast and object both on) (GPU is at max 50% btw .)

About 30fps on take off up to 10000 feet going up to 35-39fps at times. Descending over the city for the first time at 5000 feet speed 190 we are at 24-32fps. Mostly around 26-28fps. 

Taken 3 turs/circling at 3000feet and 2000 feet and as we gets down to 2000 feet we are at 20-23fps but still absolutely amazing achievement.

And lastly VAS stays at 3.4GB with a maxed out at 3.5GB after some wingviews.

ohh, and i cant believe how smooth it feels , maybe it has something to do with my upgrade of RAM to 2400MHZ but i see no stutter at all  :smile:  :Tounge:

50% off at simmarket is a steel in my book.

PS!

GSX deboarding right now and VAS at 3.6-3.7GB 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Here comes a short report from about 30 minutes of overflying New York in the NGX 738WL AAL livery with ASN at historic 1712 UTC Juli 2 2015 with 3 layers. HQ DD Textures

Zulu 23.55-00.55 in the sim btw.

Amazing is all i can say.

From departure gate 3/rwy 22L up and running we are at 30-35fps in FSDT KJFK at VAS around 3.3GB with FS2CREW,GSX (doesnt do anything because engine is running but i did activate it)

Everything maxed out except road traffic at 5% and MT6 at 5% with limiter set at 35 planes. Water medium. HD2048 textures. (no terrain shadows ,no SLI and 40nm cloud shadows,buildings to cast and object both on) (GPU is at max 50% btw .)

About 30fps on take off up to 10000 feet going up to 35-39fps at times. Descending over the city for the first time at 5000 feet speed 190 we are at 24-32fps. Mostly around 26-28fps. 

Taken 3 turs/circling at 3000feet and 2000 feet and as we gets down to 2000 feet we are at 20-23fps but still absolutely amazing achievement.

And lastly VAS stays at 3.4GB with a maxed out at 3.5GB after some wingviews.

ohh, and i cant believe how smooth it feels , maybe it has something to do with my upgrade of RAM to 2400MHZ but i see no stutter at all  :smile:  :Tounge:

50% off at simmarket is a steel in my book.

PS!

GSX deboarding right now and VAS at 3.6-3.7GB 

Michael Moe

Thanks a lot for the report, Michael! Sounds interesting. I'm really on the fence with this one...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Can't confirm:

A flight from KIAD to KLGA rwy04 in the NGX (no addon airports, no weather) ended up with 4.0 GB VAS usage. The effect of 20%/20% AI traffic may have been around 150 MB included in that figure. A moderate graphics profile and low-res textures for N.Y. No FS2Crew.

On a (VAS-)lighter note:

A flight in the feelThere ERJ along the River Visual RWY13 ended up with 3.6 GB VAS. Even with those lower graphics settings and the low-res textures the N.Y. buildings looked terrific.