Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

VoxATC - prospective new user :-)

I spent some time testing this excellent ATC robot.

Last time I had used such an add-on it was radar contact, in fs9 times... and I really wanted to try the speech recognition features of VoX

So far so good, other than having to fight my microphone settings in Win 10 :-/

I did try a couple of VFR and IFR flights, and the results were good, very plausible indeed...

The main use I intend to do of this program will be flying the PMDG 777, and also trying to use it with Aerowinx PSX because I have FSX:SE or P3D as a visuals platform generator for that 744 simulator. I didn't yet test the combination between the three programs, specially because I will need to have PSX controlling the radios in FSX or P3D...

One thing I tried to change was the voice, which is the same for the pilot, other pilots in AI aircraft and controllers. I tried to add other voices using the mentioned application, but only found that girls voice on the left pan ?  How can I had additional voices ?

I will soon register my copy of VoxATC! Great atc robot I must say - and congratulations to the developers for making it available for trial for a whole 7 days, although just one afternoon was more than sufficient to convince me :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If you've added additional voices (I think I found 4 others out there for download (3 male and 1 female).  If installed correctly they should indeed appear in the left pane.  Perhaps you might try reinstalling them, as it appears they didn't install correctly.

My experience with SAPI voices and VoxAtc: VoxPop Voices offered for free on voxatc website are using a lot of memory and cpu on my system, scenery laoding is suffering(visible)becouse of that. I don't know about available freeware voices, i have Cepstral voices for some years, and they are realy great, and not affecting FSX performance. Only negative things i can say about Cepstral voices is - they are not for free :)

Will check Cepstal.

Thank you both !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My experience with SAPI voices and VoxAtc: VoxPop Voices offered for free on voxatc website are using a lot of memory and cpu on my system, scenery laoding is suffering(visible)becouse of that. I don't know about available freeware voices, i have Cepstral voices for some years, and they are realy great, and not affecting FSX performance. Only negative things i can say about Cepstral voices is - they are not for free :)

A Question about the "Cepstal Voices":

Do they have the same realistic "radio sound" like the VoxPop-Voices?

Ivona voices are also very good and are available with different english accents depending on where you fly. Not inexpensive though :)

Mike