Sign in to follow this  
JYW

New iFly 747 P3Dv3 version

I noticed that iFly / Flight 1 have released a new installer for the 747, specifically for P3Dv3.  (It can be used by anyone who bought the P3Dv2.x licence, or new v3 buyers, but obviously not FSX users, as it's a seperate licence.

I'm really interested in the iFly747 for P3Dv3, as I currently have no wide bodies in it.   I wanted to get the PMDG 777 and swanned over there with my credit card in hand yesterday, to discover it costs $134.99, which is out of my budget.    The iFly 747 costs $59 ; more my sorta league! :smile:

So........ is anyone using the new P3Dv3 version yet, and if so how is performance?  ... I understand this can be a pretty taxing addon on the system?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Everything I have read regarding this aircraft points to it being fabulous and systems-heavy but the major down side is the terrible performance, PC-wise. Mind you, all this was for earlier versions of P3D and, like you Bill, I would love to hear about what it's like in P3D v3.

Can anyone give us a quick rundown on how it flies with all the latest versions? 

Mario Di Lauro

put the $59 towards the 777, save and buy the 777. Don't think you going to save money your not, the 777 will run very well within v3 and you know your getting the very best. 

The PMDG 777 is a breath taking aircraft and worth every penny.

If you want a 747 wait till next year and get the PMDG version.

I bought the iFly 737 as it came out before the PMDG version, it was good but its not in the same class as the PMDG NG.

Like many, not all, but it this case you get what you pay for.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

put the $59 towards the 777, save and buy the 777. Don't think you going to save money your not, the 777 will run very well within v3 and you know your getting the very best. 

I bought the iFly 737 as it came out before the PMDG version, it was good but its not in the same class as the PMDG NG.

I second that. I guess, you already own the PMDG NGX? If not, then this would always be my first choice. If you want a long-hauler then either go for the PMDG 777 or wait for the new PMDG 747 v2...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I want to concur with what David said.  I too once owned the iFly 737 and experienced really bad performance as opposed to PMDG's line of aircraft.  Their NGX is well worth the cost, as well as the 777.  I don't have the two yet for P3D (held back by, what else, the cost and that I have them for FSX is a bummer) but anyways, I'm looking for the right time to get them purchased as no other developer has come close to the realism and performance of PMDG aircraft.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Actually after few weeks using I'm kind of started liking it. Yes it's is fps heavy in V3, but developers assured they soon have a patch to fix that problem. The only thing I'm missing is FS2CREW or similar app for iFly747 :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks for the views guys.  

I should point out that I already own the FSX licence for the 777 and I own the NGX licences for FSX and P3D.

I also have the iFly 737NG and I agree that it is lightyears behind the PMDG models ...... but, I understand it dates to 2009, and that iFly's 747 is in another league (certainly seen evidence of that on visuals)    + see a couple of paras below :wink:

But I cannot (or perhaps it is that I will not) pay $134.99 for the 777 in P3D.  I'm not making any heavy or political statements in saying that, just choice.  A lot of it comes down to the fact that - as real life aircraft - I prefer and am more interested in the 747 than the 777.

One of the other main reasons I can't justify $134.99 on the 777 for P3D is that I am mainly a GA flyer, and the airliners are more of just a nice change for me now and again.

So .......... having said all that, I took the chance and bought the iFly 747 for P3Dv3 and it is absolutely sublime.  I love it.   Visuals, systems, flight dynamics and the sound are all first class and remind me a lot of the NGX's attention to quality.

It is a little heavy on performance, even in P3Dv3, but I found that by lowering autogen a little (which doesn't bother me for airliner fliyng), and turning off AI, I was able to get a smooth, constant 26-28FPS, even at payware airports like FlyTampa Vienna, Boston and Montreal.

iFly are also working and close to completing a patch for the P3Dv3 version that will further optimize coding and improve frame rates further.

So yes, I heartily recommend the iFly 747's P3Dv3 version, for anyone that wants a beautiful fidelity Queen on the Skies.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks for that report Bill, I've been thinking about this aircraft too. Already have the NGX in P3D3, the PMDG 777 in FSXSE and this might be my next purchase.

cheers,

Greg 

• Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

The only thing I'm missing is FS2CREW or similar app for iFly747 :)

Multi Crew Experience (MCE) has supported the iFly 747-400v2 since release. A free demo is available from their website. The application is voice only, supports most of the important airliners for ALL sims, including XPlane, and is more flexible in operation than FS2Crew, versions of which I also own. I have no connection with MCE other than being a most satisfied user.

JYW I would jump in boots and all and grab it. An SP has recently been released and another revision is due out very shortly which should help out those that might be experiencing poor performance.

It is a great aircraft and flies very well.
It would also pay to take a look at NickN's tuning guide:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/switch-to-p3d_topic53980_page1.html

It might help with setting up/optimising your sim.

Besides Flight 1 offer a 30 day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I will add my 2cp and say that yes I like the plane. As others have said it is a little hard on the performance side of things as I get about 6-7 less FPS compared to the PMDG 777 but since the SP1 and in P3Dv3 I have not had an OOM yet and the plane itself flies really well. As someone mentioned about iFly have said they are working on a fix as well for the performance issue.

For me at least it was worth the cost.

From EGFF to YSSY

Are the interior and panel lights variable or just on and off? For the 757 I have for X Plane all interior and panel lights are variable. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Are the interior and panel lights variable or just on and off? For the 757 I have for X Plane all interior and panel lights are variable. 

Variable. You can adjust rheostat to adjust the brightness 

Multi Crew Experience (MCE) has supported the iFly 747-400v2 since release. A free demo is available from their website. The application is voice only, supports most of the important airliners for ALL sims, including XPlane, and is more flexible in operation than FS2Crew, versions of which I also own. I have no connection with MCE other than being a most satisfied user.

Thanks I looked at it already. Unfortunately I'm button kind of guy :) 

"Variable. You can adjust rheostat to adjust the brightness"

Thanks, I hope you meant rheostats as in most or all of them. Also does the weather radar work well ( I do use ASN). 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

"Variable. You can adjust rheostat to adjust the brightness"

Thanks, I hope you meant rheostats as in most or all of them. Also does the weather radar work well ( I do use ASN). 

As far as I remember most of them. I haven't flown a lot at night in 747, but few time I did I dim them to my liking (it includes panels and instruments)