Sign in to follow this  
JYW

New iFly 747 P3Dv3 version

Night lighting is stunning, and yes, I believe all of the appropriate lighting controls for the cockpit are variable.     The more I've flown this today, the more I'm flawed by it.   I do have the PMDG T7 (but only for FSX), and for me personally, I prefer this ... but a lot of that is because it's a 747 and not a 777.  :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Feedback sounds good, but performance is extremely important to me in a complex tubeliner. Getting 6-7 fps less than in the T7 from PMDG is a no-no for me. This would mean that flying in and out of EGLL is a stutter nightmare. I guess, I'll wait for the PMDG version... But good to hear that people are having fun with the iFly version...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Night lighting is stunning, and yes, I believe all of the appropriate lighting controls for the cockpit are variable.     The more I've flown this today, the more I'm flawed by it.   I do have the PMDG T7 (but only for FSX), and for me personally, I prefer this ... but a lot of that is because it's a 747 and not a 777.  :)

That is a lot of recommendation, thanks. I also think the PMDG 777 for v3 is way too much to invest in just one airplane so this 747 sounds like the one for now. I also do not see the PMDG 747 v2 coming out within the next year and when it does it will be another 150 dollar airplane so no real use for me waiting for it.

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Feedback sounds good, but performance is extremely important to me in a complex tubeliner. Getting 6-7 fps less than in the T7 from PMDG is a no-no for me. This would mean that flying in and out of EGLL is a stutter nightmare. I guess, I'll wait for the PMDG version... But good to hear that people are having fun with the iFly version...

Would seem that someone would need a pretty high end rig to fly this aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Would seem that someone would need a pretty high end rig to fly this aircraft. 

Like any complex add on the higher your specs the better. There are guys getting better FPS than the T7 so I guess it really depends on your system and what add ons you have and the level of detail on the sliders. I have no issues with it at all. Even the T7 will crawl if you move the sliders to the right.

As I said before you get a 30 day refund option. So if you want to err on the side of caution then wait until the amended SP is out and then try it for 30 days?

What's to lose?

Cheers

Steve Hall

It could be worth just following the iFly 747s continued development for now, as they are close to releasing a patch/update, intended purely to improve performance in P3Dv3.   They say they have found some significant areas where they've been able to optimize things.   So could be well worth waiting for that to be released and then keeping an eye on the reports to see what difference it makes.

There's no avoiding it, it really is a tough aircraft on PC/GPU resources - to use it smoothly at present requires a fairly liberal compromise in reducing settings.  For me it's worth it because I love the aircraft, but for others, the compromise will be too great.

Certainly not one you could even consider running at 4096 resolution, with autogen maxed and high quality shadows :smile:

But looking forward to seeing what the performance optimization update will bring.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It could be worth just following the iFly 747s continued development for now, as they are close to releasing a patch/update, intended purely to improve performance in P3Dv3.   They say they have found some significant areas where they've been able to optimize things.   So could be well worth waiting for that to be released and then keeping an eye on the reports to see what difference it makes.

Will do! If it gets on par with the not yet released PMDG version in terms of performance, then it is certainly worth a try. Especially since there is a refund option. I would expect the PMDG version to be at least twice as expensive which is certainly a strong selling point for the iFly one...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

What is the small box with a screen at the lower right of the copilot ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Can anyone tell me if the cockpit lights have been fixed. There was talk of the cockpit not having flood lights for the panel. Also has the mouse dial use been fixed?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

How are the FPS on your system?  After the new patch is released, I am going to purchase.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

They have just released the new Service Pack for the plane. Here is what they say is in the update.

We are pleased to announce the release of SP1a for the iFly 747-400 simulation for P3D v2.x and v3.x!

Service Pack 1a is all inclusive and replaces Service Pack 1.

The SP brings increased fidelity and refinement across all aircraft systems and also features enhanced models and external textures. The air file is fine tuned, with CLBand DES performance as close to real charts as we can make it.  

This update involves significant improvements to realism, including FLAP logic, VNAV logic and the APPROACH phase of flight, as well as improvement in the visual aspects of the simulation.  FLAP logic, VNAV and FMC logic during APPROACH now model what occurs in the real aircraft.  
Refinements to the model will be spotted by those with sharp eyes and above average attention to detail. :)

The Beta Team lists the following as their favorite improvements to the simulation (listed in no order of preference):

1. For FSX and P3D:  Dynamic Interactive Panel Flood and Back lights for the 2D & Virtual Cockpits.

2. For FS2004:  Static Flood lights in the Virtual Cockpit and Dynamic Interactive Panel Flood and Back lights for the 2D panels.

3. FMC "On Approach" mode.

4. Dynamic wing flex on-ground and in-flight.

5. Refined FDE, including hand flying characteristics.

6. Attention to detail by the modelers.

7. Refined Autopilot.

Also in the SP:

1. Revised mouse scroll and click spots.

2. Revised paint-kits.

3. Revised SDK.

4. Updated liveries which take advantage of model refinements.

5. Improved go around logic.

NOTE: SP1a includes a refinement to the gauges which decreases the variation in fps seen by users.  This refinement is dependent on pc hardware and how users have installed P3D and which settings are applied.

The installer also includes the following:

1. Further refinement to FMC handling of short routes.

2. FLAP extension and retraction positions corrected.

3. Some Key Assignments labels corrected.

4. Trim indicator on during Cold and Dark, fixed

5. SEL and OAT display on the CDU THRUST LIM and LEGS, RTE DATA/Wind pages when USSystem selected corrected. (TAT is ALWAYS in Celsius no matter if the US System is selected for UNIT’s)

6. Version number is now updated to V2.1.0.1 (Visible on the plate under the Gear lever).

From EGFF to YSSY

The new SP1a patch has improved performance dramatically on P3Dv3. I'm seeing about 15-20% better FPS on my machine. It's essentially on par with the PMDG 777. FPS variability also dropped from the mid teens to the low single digits.

Can't believe how much this helped. Apparently the SP, which had been in development for a while and promised to improve performance, didn't do nearly as much as this fix. Which seems like it took the team only a few days to do.

Kudos to the iFly folks for finally getting a handle on the performance of one of their crafts.

• Upvote 1

Good to hear it performs better now.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.