I've been running 2 extra monitors - VGA (737 CDU) and a LCD 12.1

I turned my monitor on this morning and my main was blank but its was on and my LCD was blank. I unplugged both monitors and my main came back on. So i figured out its my LCD 12.1 HDMI thats stealing my main monitor. I have tried everything possible.

Does anyone know why its stealing my main monitor. It should not do this

Vernon Howells

Maybe it's jealous? :)

Seriously though, what are all of the ports that you have available on your video card? Do you have displayport on your card? VGA, DVI, HDMI, Displayport...that's a decent choice of options if you have all of those.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Its going to get put out the window lol

I have a GTX 780

My DVI I port is used by the VGA.

If i plug my VGA monitor its fine on boot up. If i only plug in my LCD its fine, it only screws up when plugging in that third.

It was working last night and months before :(

Its only switching to my VGA somehow!? But if i switch it on through the 737 NGX and sort the main display again. It messes up again on boot up

Vernon Howells

Are you running Windows 10 by chance?  Have you gone into your Windows display properties to see what is active?  Check your device manager as well.  Also try swapping connections with your monitors.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have surround ticked i done that this morning!

Can't untick it so uninstalling drivers

Nope still doesn't work

Vernon Howells

So if you got to Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Display->Screen Resolution, do you see all of your displays with their corresponding priority number on them?  Down in the Multiple Displays entry, is it set to extend the displays?

Also, are you using an nVidia card?  If so, have you looked at it's control panel to see how your displays are being controlled?

-Jim

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yjap7qlq7orjs8/Photo%2017-11-2015%2C%2013%2039%2054.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e106bfak82k7sn7/Photo%2017-11-2015%2C%2013%2040%2037.jpg?dl=0

Ok the main screen that was blank appeared but looked stretched across, i logged in and these are the photos from NVIDIA CP

- Yeh extend these displays.

- its when i connect and detect my main screen goes to that windows default theme.

Vernon Howells

So monitors 1 and 2 are acting as one monitor, designated the surround monitor and the third is a standalone, correct?  Wouldn't it be prudent to change the surround settings so you get 3 separate displays, just to troubleshoot for now?  I noticed a "surround Spanning Options" link at the bottom of the screen, which may help.

-Jim

But i reinstalled my drivers why isn't it deleting surround sound

I will troubleshoot tonight off to work.

Yeh 1 and 2 is acting as one

Just to let you know, 3 is my small VGA screen

Vernon Howells

Did you do a clean reinstall?  Did you reboot?

So I am confused now, you say you have surround sound (cannot be deleted), but how is that effecting the monitors?

-Jim

Yeh but soon as i try to add that 3rd monitor everything switches over to the 3rd monitor the VGA.

Yeh it says in that picture i sent

I've hit surround sound with all 3 monitors connected. So the only way the PC recognises i have it enabled is if all 3 are connected and i boot into windows

Vernon Howells

This may be a stretch, but check your BIOS for anything related to video output.  I know that sounds like a way-off possibility, but it doesn't hurt to check.  Somehow your system is placing the VGA port as priority over everything else.  You may also want to see about disabling anything to do with on-board video output as well as making sure your graphics card has complete control over output too (global setting set to high performance nvidia card instead of automatic).  I know the intel cpu graphics can get in the way at times.

-Jim

Ok jim i will report back midnight when i'm home. Do you think surround has anything to do with it too?

Vernon Howells

I typically do not install sound drivers from the install package.  I had an issue with that not long ago and found out they really are not needed if you have a sound card and your system is producing sounds normally.

-Jim

Will check my BIOS jim but i can have my VGA monitor connected and my main is still priority its soon as i connect the 3rd monitor be it the LCD or VGA

Vernon Howells