Maybe it's time to retrace your steps.  You stated that last night everything was working fine and then this morning, you turned on your computer and found that not all of the monitors were working.  Now, you did try to plug your monitors into the different ports on the card they still work but don't all work at the same time.  If this is correct, then perhaps it's an issue with the card itself?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

sorry i should say i turned on surround span

Vernon could you tell us exactly how many monitors you have running apart from the VGA (737 CDU) and the LCD 12.1?

Is it just one      or       is it more than one you have setup to display as one?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi, i have one main monitot plus those you mentioned. I used that GURU driver sweeper hoping it wiped my surround span but nothing. It keeps going on when i connect that 3rd monitor, now it can be any of the external 2 monitors! I'm out of options don't know what to do!

Vernon Howells

Hi, i have one main monitot plus those you mentioned. I used that GURU driver sweeper hoping it wiped my surround span but nothing. It keeps going on when i connect that 3rd monitor, now it can be any of the external 2 monitors! I'm out of options don't know what to do!

So why are you messing with Surround?

It has nothing to do with your setup.

You will need to disable it somehow.

Try booting up with the main monitor disconnected then shut down and reboot with it connected again.

That should put things back to default.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

But i can't because my main screen looses priority and switches but my other 2 monitors remain off :( i have truely screwed it up.

Vernon Howells

But i can't because my main screen looses priority and switches but my other 2 monitors remain off :sad: i have truely screwed it up.

So have you done this:

Try booting up with the main monitor disconnected then shut down and reboot with it connected again.

That should put things back to default.

Or just plug in only one of the smaller monitors and boot.

You just need to boot up somehow without that main monitor connected.

gb.

Complete reinstall of OS 7 ? Maybe that will wipe the son of a #^^% surround span!

Vernon Howells

Ok, so i took a look at your setup via the dropbox image.  The "monitor" that states out of range is not a monitor, it's an FMC unit (sweet btw), So I have to wonder if that unit is causing the issue.  The way I see it, pick one display device to stay connected to your machine, disconnect everything else and then go to your Device Manager, make sure those disconnected devices are no longer there. Then, one at a time, reinstall them ensuring you have the proper drivers and check to make sure they work correctly.  I'd hardly consider the idea of reinstalling Windows will help.  If any of your extra devices have software that accompany's them, uninstall that too prior to reinstalling the devices back to your system.

This all seems like a huge conflict of peripherals.

One other, strange idea I had...has your machine quietly and discretely installed the pre-installation of Windows 10 yet?  To be honest, you may benefit of the upgrade, especially since you brought up the idea of reinstalling Windows.  Win10 works flawlessly, imo and I have no issues with any hardware on my own system.  Something to consider.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

JIM I DONE IT it was my CDU it kept blanking out with VGA to DVI I. So last night i ordered for a last attempt - HDMI to VGA and guess what MY CDU stays on and its all configured.

Vernon Howells

Ok, so all you needed to do was connect the screens in different ports?  You got all three devices working again?  Hopefully, this is good news and of course, i am going to ask how this all went haywire in the first place?

-Jim

No i used a different convertor for my VGA, HDMI to VGA that i just got in the post

But now my samsung monitor has wavey statick horizontal lines going up the screen aaaaahhhhhhhhhh why am i getting battered with problems!

Ahh found the cause my onboard sound HD audio was interfering i just disabled it lol

Vernon Howells

The Samsung issue almost sounds like a signal interference issue.  So why was it necessary to rewire everything if everything worked fine before?

-Jim