Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Orbx KPSP in P3D V3?

Hi all-

Does anyone have Palm Springs working in V3/ I went thru the install routine, it found my P3Dv3 installation but no airport appears.

Thanks,

You may benefit more by asking this question directly to the ORBX team, but if it helps, run FTX Central and make sure the area you are flying in is active.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

ORBX has not released the version with the P3Dv3 installer yet. They also do not recommend either to trick the current installer or doing things by hand, so let's wait.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What probably happened is that, since the airport was not made compatible with P3Dv3 yet, the installer couldn't add it to the scenery file. Try adding it manually inside P3D, it should work ;).

Cheers!

I have it running fine, just install as usual and point it to your v3 directory.

Jim

Jim Vasto

I have it running fine, just install as usual and point it to your v3 directory.

Jim

As I mentioned, it found my V3 location fine upon install (I saw the path), but no scenery. I'm wondering if a scenery cfg entry is needed.

As I mentioned, it found my V3 location fine upon install (I saw the path), but no scenery. I'm wondering if a scenery cfg entry is needed.

That's exactly what I said. It installed fine, but it probably couldn't add the entry to the scenery.cfg file. You need to do that manually.

That's exactly what I said. It installed fine, but it probably couldn't add the entry to the scenery.cfg file. You need to do that manually.

Was forced to do so to make it works on my P3Dv3... until Orbx update the installer ;-)

22257053573_46cb057b82_b_d.jpg

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Sorry.

Would you happen to know what that looks like, that is, general syntax? I know my path will be different. 

Could you post it or PM me? I'll giver a try when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Mark

Sorry.

Would you happen to know what that looks like, that is, general syntax? I know my path will be different. 

Could you post it or PM me? I'll giver a try when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Mark

There's no need to edit the file itself. Just open P3D, go to Scenery Library and add the folders. It's easier that way.

Is your P3Dv3 also popping a warning window upon start, telling you that the "objectflow.dll" of KPSP is not compatible? Or did you find a way around this issue? Some of the ORBX airports I installed into P3Dv3 using the EMT show this little error, I then simply deactivate the .dll, but it is a little bit boring that for each start of P3Dv3, this message keeps popping up. That's why I think it is still the better option to just wait until there is an update for the scenery...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Is your P3Dv3 also popping a warning window upon start, telling you that the "objectflow.dll" of KPSP is not compatible? Or did you find a way around this issue? Some of the ORBX airports I installed into P3Dv3 using the EMT show this little error, I then simply deactivate the .dll, but it is a little bit boring that for each start of P3Dv3, this message keeps popping up. That's why I think it is still the better option to just wait until there is an update for the scenery...

I don`t get the warning now since the Library's were updated for v3 the other day, same as KWYS buildings now show up in v3

tpewpb-6.png

Well I DID update the libraries as well, FTX central v2 is not showing me anymore that my ORBXLIBs are out of date. Still I get this error message for about 4 or 5 of my about 10 installed ORBX airports. Strange...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There's no need to edit the file itself. Just open P3D, go to Scenery Library and add the folders. It's easier that way.

Completed this last night. Works perfect.

Thanks,

Mark