Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

FMC Mouseclick "delay"

Hi guys,

one thing which is bothering me since the start:

When I program the FMC I have some kind of "input lag". Let's say I want to enter "EDDM" and press the "D" too fast, then I only enter one "D". So I have to pause between the two clicks.

In some Youtube videos I noticed that they do not seem to have this problem.

In the VC I have around 40 FPS, so I would say it is not a matter of my computers performance.

Maybe someone has a hint how this can be fixed?

Entering data via keyboard with "tab" pressed is fine.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Stefan Wiesmayer

one thing which is bothering me since the start:

When I program the FMC I have some kind of "input lag". Let's say I want to enter "EDDM" and press the "D" too fast, then I only enter one "D". So I have to pause between the two clicks.

In some Youtube videos I noticed that they do not seem to have this problem.

If you're using P3D and you're watching someone's video in FSX, this will certainly be the case. P3D does have some sort of restriction on hitting the same object repeatedly for some reason. I see what you're seeing in P3D. It's simply a restriction of the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, and I thought it was a deliberate "de-bounce" effect in the CDU by PMDG. Once you are used to it it is not a problem, but then I am old enough to remember when we always designed a latch (akin to a flip flop) at buffer inputs to logic from buttons.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you're using P3D and you're watching someone's video in FSX, this will certainly be the case. P3D does have some sort of restriction on hitting the same object repeatedly for some reason. I see what you're seeing in P3D. It's simply a restriction of the sim.

Ah, that's one thing I did not consider... Thanks for the hint.