Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Planes keeps drifting right

Ok, so i've got this annoying problem. It doesnt matter which plane i choose (payware or default). While taxiing and takeoff the plane keeps wanna go to the right and i really have to struggle with the rudder to make it straight. This makes all the takeoffs bad. First i thought the problem was my yoke, but after testing without the yoke plugged in the same keeps happening.

Anyone experienced this problem and know a fix to it? I would say P3D is unflyable as long as this problem occours.

If this is P3D v3, then it is likely that you are suffering from the same controller issues as a rather large number of users. LM are working on a hotfix that should (hopefully) correct this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If this is P3D v3, then it is likely that you are suffering from the same controller issues as a rather large number of users. LM are working on a hotfix that should (hopefully) correct this.

Yes, im running V3. But if im not mistaken, this also happened in 2.5 (not 100% sure though).

Guess i'll have to wait for the hotfix then!

Make sure to try these first

1. change weather to clear weather

2. Set flight controls realism to easiest

3 Add a generously wide null zone to rudder. for some reason null zone works best when I added to both my controller

in its software Saitek X65 and also added rudder null zone in P3d.

then do runway test

I was complaining about drift right till I tried this and turns out no issues my side.

3 Add a generously wide null zone to rudder. for some reason null zone works best when I added to both my controller

then do runway test

I was complaining about drift right till I tried this and turns out no issues my side.

For me this is not a solution as I always use real weather and fsuipc for my flight controls

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Some of my controller issues were corrected when I changed the weather from "moderate winds" to "calm", but that alone simply demonstrates that the effect of the wind is far too great at the moment. I could just about understand the effect if I was in a microlight, but when the aircraft significantly swerving to one side is a Boeing 737, then something is clearly amiss.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You also have to account for the flight modelling of a particular aircraft.  On the A2A C182, it is baked so no matter if I have a windless day, or if I force ASN to not place any windshear or wind forces on the aircraft, on the ground, that aircraft will still drift (to the left, in my case), to simulate the torque forces, which in my opinion, is fine as I personally want the realism intact.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

@GSalden

If you not drifting in clear weather but only when using other weather, then the reason is the wind in your weather. That is the purpose of the test.

Surely you cant complain about wind effects causing drift, but calibration effects no doubt, however not wind.

Unless I  am missing something in your point, cause I am new to this problem, but did the journey during my recent p3dv3 install and setup which took months!!!!!!!!!!!!

then do runway test

Hi gents,

Option 2. solved my TO issues with PMDG birds (aircraft pulling right).

Thanks Simmer2050.

Again, couldn't live without this forum. Regards,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I've been having a similar problem in P3Dv3.1, but only on certain aircraft. Whenever I try to use anything from A2A, Carenado Grand Caravan, and a few others, I have the problem.

The problem being that I can start up, get everything ready to taxi, and as soon as I start applying power, the airplanes ground loop hard to the left. Adding full right rudder isn't enough either. That brings it to just left of center.

I've tried disabling FSUIPC, recalibrating using the built in system from P3D, setting rudder null zones much higher than normal, all to no avail.

I could also use some help if anyone has some insight.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I've been having a similar problem in P3Dv3.1, but only on certain aircraft. Whenever I try to use anything from A2A, Carenado Grand Caravan, and a few others, I have the problem.

The problem being that I can start up, get everything ready to taxi, and as soon as I start applying power, the airplanes ground loop hard to the left. Adding full right rudder isn't enough either. That brings it to just left of center.

I've tried disabling FSUIPC, recalibrating using the built in system from P3D, setting rudder null zones much higher than normal, all to no avail.

I could also use some help if anyone has some insight.

Could you try setting gyro to 0 just for a test ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The only thing that I have found that "fixes" the issue is to first load a twin engine plane, then switch to whatever single engine plane I want to fly. Kinda weird.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

That's strange. The controller issues that I was experiencing in P3D v3 were completely resolved with the new calibration routine in v3.1.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png