Sign in to follow this  
markmco

P3D v3, Smooth Takeoff then Stutters, Beeps and Requires Power Down

Finally had a chance to try this.  I just disconnected the trim wheel.  Tried a few hours of test flights and everything worked fine.

A big thank you to those that pointed me in the right direction.  I am now using the smaller Saitek trim wheel in the auto pilot module.  It works, but is very slow.  Adjustments in SPAD haven't made a difference.  Anyway, that's a minor issue until I try the dedicated trim wheel again.

Best,

Mark

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

I second Rob's advice. That worked for me. Also, consider not installing the driver.

Thought I had fixed the problem but to my dismay it reappeared today.  I suspect it may have something to do with GSX as it always seems to happen during the GSX pushback procedure....

Steve Giblin

Had this problem again last night on a flight from IAH to DEN.  Happened when puling into the gate without GSX.  Very annoying.  Never happened before Prepar3d 3.0..

Steve Giblin

Every now and then on initiating a flight, if stutters set in, I jump out to the task manager to see what process is causing it, and I have found it to usually be ASN. Since i lessened some of the settings in ASN, it has been less frequent.

Lee, can you PM me your ASN settings that you changed to help alleviate the stutters?  I too am having that very same issue, and it's maddening.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

There may be 2 issues.

We know the trim wheel works with FSX and creates a major problem in P3D v3. Although, that doesn't mean the driver is good.

The other problem is that, even when it works in FSX, the wheel needs a spin to wake up. I suspect that spin is needed to wake up a sleeping USB port? Will try setting my ports to not save energy or sleep. Hoping v3.1 will solve, or at least work around the main problem.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Lee, can you PM me your ASN settings that you changed to help alleviate the stutters?  I too am having that very same issue, and it's maddening.

-Jim

Jim, there's a lot of settings you can adjust in ASN. I don't know if I can list them all. The most important is to not have more than 2 or 3 layers of clouds and to reduce the visibility of clouds. I am using 70 miles at the moment. There are other tweaks as well. They even make suggestions on each page. Uncheck the stuff you don't think you need.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090