Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

Fun little helo project from Lowell, Massachusetts.

This features 256 custom made buildings in the little town of Lowell, Massachusetts.  This is a free project at about 1.5 GB.  Perfect little town that is chock full of interesting buildings.  

-5 meter mesh

-60 cm ground textures

-256 custom buildings made by BerylReid with her permission.

-Hand placed vegetation

-Hopefully we will be able to get this town into the World2XP Massachusetts project, but that'll be up to Tony...

0f7cNOg.jpgW3dhNfA.jpgsREtWW6.jpgKMyFuNx.jpgDthUUOh.jpgvCjZkto.jpg

Thanks!  I've decided to extend the scenery area up to Lawrence, MA and KWLM airport to give a base of operations from which to takeoff and land.

And for those who have MSE Masachusetts (especially 4x version) you won't need to download the photoscenery in this package.. unless you want to, it's definitely worth it. 

Some additional photos.  Lowell will get some TLC here showing some of the hand placed vegetation.

bfwuMii.jpgu7S0FLr.jpgwsqh3nV.jpgvH8X128.jpgZ3d24Lc.jpg

Superb work!

Looking forward to see it all together with Tony's forthcomming Massachusetts package!

Lowell is still going strong.  Lots and lots of hand placed trees.  Decided that I need a place to take off and land so I am working on getting Lawrence Municipal KLWM up to snuff.  I'm not an airport designer so the placement of the taxiways had to be adjusted as well as the runways and stuff, and took out all the crappy autogen hangars and put in some of my own.  It's not perfect and these are only representative buildings of the real thing, but it's fun to fly out of now.

I'll just keep plodding along until I'm sick of working on it.

I ORBXed the photos for effect.  (soften portrait).

vkOPBEt.jpgu3pImbS.jpg

Very Cool! Reminding of my stomping grounds as a kid! Mass. that is...

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Thanks, hard to resist giving it the ORBX treatment, but here's the final color I've decided on.  You'll notice that I've made all runway and markings invisible and just using the photoscenery.  Not as detailed down low but looks great form above.  All AI traffic operates normally.

lpSLKYC.jpg

Course with P3DV3, you can make it look ORBX..

oQ4wD6h.jpgqn8DbyH.jpg

Appreciate all the great comments, it keeps me going.   It's evolving out from the Lawrence Airport, now I'm building up scenery within the immediate area.  There's a wonderful lake that will get some love just south of the airport. 

Ok just a tad of ORBX effects... They're kinda addictive..

2GnJW9J.jpg

And this is the extent of the area with some details.  Not sure how many square miles, but enough for general GA VFR.  This has full building placement based on Massachusetts GIS data.

And update on current size is 2.4 Gb.  I'd like to keep this under 3 Gb if possible.

OFNlBSB.jpg

I think I'm gonna upload this to Google Drive and just let folks use it for now.  There is so much small work to be done and I can only do so much at a time.  For the time being it should be fun for low flyer (helos or small GA) to fly from KLWM to Lowell, and then back.  I hope people at least take a look at it.   KLWM has been completely revamped.  Not a default autogen building left.  Custom placed trees and custom buildings all the way around.  I added lots of detail to the field.  To be honest, I love flying this airport more than anything I've ever purchased.  Maybe cause it's mine.

It's almost 3 GB in size.  I'll post the link here and then update the package as I go along.

W3dc4tA.jpg