Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Organizing Your Aircraft

I use AirHauler to discover new local airports.  I have a base in EHSB and LSGC now.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I have experimented with various ways to get aircraft in and out of the hangar but uninstalling/reinstalling seems to be as good as any for me.

The problem with that for me, is that you have to laboriously reinstall your repaints and any tweaks to the aircraft.cfg or panels, of which I have quite a lot (extra viewpoints, call outs, new sound files, upgraded or repainted cockpits, litttle fixes and updates, etc). 

So I tend to find  that leaving them in place is best for me. 

Ima digging Fr. Bill's advice about the "Hangar" folder. As you point out, this maintains the customizations made to the aircraft installs.

I created a folder in my Airplanes folder called "Archive".  I drag-and-drop aircraft in and out of it as required.

I'll fly just about anything by Fraser McKay. Especially his Electra, which I finally figured out how to fix so it will start in FSX.

Basically, I will keep any payware/freeware aircraft with systems depth, even if it is visually lacking.

• Upvote 1