Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

Dash 8 pro released!

Just completed my first flight, a short hop from Montreal to Quebec City, In P3D3. All I can say is NICE!

Now, i'm off to do some reading up on the new systems panel, etc.

Cheers Craig.

@FSXtreme, I hear ya. I too, would have paid double. She's an incredible piece, and worth every penny. Even at $90.

Didn't get to play around with it as much as I was hoping to this evening -- has TCS not been implemented yet?  The "TCS" button on the yoke is not live and I haven't seen any mention of it in the documentation (but admittedly I have not given the docs an in-depth look).

Am I also correct in understanding that by default the controller axes are still going through FSX and to circumvent that requires editing a config file?

What I've seen does look good, and I don't see any significant hit to FPS!

Richard P. Kelly

Am not sure how this is going to work?

Got a email to buy at the discount price, all that's fine, but whats this about needing a patch to run it in P3D v3? really!!! a new product comes out and we need a patch.

I can only see patch 1.017RC2 and it comes with a huge list.....but says its for Pilot edition v1.016

I looked at there web site and the only one I see is one for the pilot edition. Is that the right one?

Have you guys installed this patch or is it all working fine out of the box?

A very messy/unclear release for P3D v3 users. 

I've just bought it because with discount and points it was £12.! Version 1.018  :fool: The Doc's only say 2.5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Am not sure how this is going to work?

Got a email to buy at the discount price, all that's fine, but whats this about needing a patch to run it in P3D v3? really!!! a new product comes out and we need a patch.

I can only see patch 1.017RC2 and it comes with a huge list.....but says its for Pilot edition v1.016

I looked at there web site and the only one I see is one for the pilot edition. Is that the right one?

Have you guys installed this patch or is it all working fine out of the box?

A very messy/unclear release for P3D v3 users. 

I've just bought it because with discount and points it was £12.! Version 1.018  :fool: The Doc's only say 2.5

On the Majestic forum they say that you just have to login to the user area on their site and there you can download the patch. I guess it means just replacing one single dll. So that shouldn't be too much of a hassle. I will try it tonight...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Will have a look Carlo, thanks.

EDIT: Got the patch Carlo, will install everything tonight. Thanks for the info

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you don't care about shared cockpit, what is the major driver to upgrade?  I rarely use failures, so it boils down to weather radar, I think.  CWS would not be something I think I would use as I have no problems hand flying the current pilot edition. Anything else I am missing ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you don't care about shared cockpit, what is the major driver to upgrade?  I rarely use failures, so it boils down to weather radar, I think.  CWS would not be something I think I would use as I have no problems hand flying the current pilot edition. Anything else I am missing ?

There is a HUD in this version

ZORAN

Hi all

Does the q400 Pro have ILS autoland capabilities?

Cheers

Jay

For  the discounted  price,   only  paid  $14  for the upgrade   didn't  think  twice  in upgrading :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all

Cheers

Jay

If memory serves the dash irl doesn't have an autoland option.

In addition to what you mentioned above, I can think of:

• HUD/HGS system integration
  • Alternate Gear Extension
  • 2D Panels
  • Panel State Options
  • Flight Control Optimization (flight dynamics engine runs at 120 Hz, so it should fly/feel smoother)
  • Working Circuit Breaker Simulation
  • FMS ETP/PNR Functionality (Equi-time point/Point of no return; after this it's quicker to continue to the next suitable diversion airfield than to turn back to the last one).
  • Gear pin simulation

As a general rule, anything smaller than a 737/A320 doesn't have autothrottle nor autoland (there are of course the odd exceptions, before everyone jumps up and down on me). You should be aware use of autoland is rare in reality. However, the Q400 Pro can operate down to ILS CAT III minima (which would normally be an autoland) because of the HGS/HUD certification (without the HUD, it's CAT II).

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

In addition to what you mentioned above, I can think of:

• HUD/HGS system integration
  • Alternate Gear Extension
  • 2D Panels
  • Panel State Options
  • Flight Control Optimization (flight dynamics engine runs at 120 Hz, so it should fly/feel smoother)
  • Working Circuit Breaker Simulation
  • FMS ETP/PNR Functionality (Equi-time point/Point of no return; after this it's quicker to continue to the next suitable diversion airfield than to turn back to the last one).
  • Gear pin simulation

You didn't mention TCS mode, which would be one of the most useful for me.

Before, you had to set up your pitch angle or VS with rotary controls. I understand that now you can press one button and use yoke to override autopilot set up and change your pitch, vs etc.

And there is a shared cockpit feature too.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

On the contrary, shared cockpit and CWS (which is the same as TCS) were mentioned in the original post I quoted from MarkW, hence I didn't repeat it. If you're after a complete feature list, you didn't mention any of the failure simulation or ASN weather radar integration.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg