Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

Dash 8 pro released!

no issues  here  changing  from lbs  to kg  make  sure  you click the apply   option  than you need  to  restart the  cpan  application again  to take  effect.(its all mentioned in the  docs  that are  supplied)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did anyone manage to set the weights from lbs to kg?

Yep click IBS, click apply.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yep click IBS, click apply.

In the config panel, I presume? I did that and reloaded the aircraft and restarted the config panel, but no change in the sim. I tried reloading the flight, restarting the sim even and still no change. Only after restarting the computer the change was made, but only for the first flight and the next flight it changed back... I think I better drop a post at the Majestic forums for this.

Thanks for your input, David.

Cheers!

Maarten

In the config panel, I presume? I did that and reloaded the aircraft and restarted the config panel, but no change in the sim. I tried reloading the flight, restarting the sim even and still no change. Only after restarting the computer the change was made, but only for the first flight and the next flight it changed back... I think I better drop a post at the Majestic forums for this.

Thanks for your input, David.

When you run the Control panel  you must run it in admin mode otherwise the changes will not take affect. Best bet is to right click on the control panel icon, go to properties, compatibility, and check the box that says "run this program as administrator". 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nice one Mark  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

did a flight yesterday EKCH-ENGM without reading the documents  :Tounge: . Seems like for 4 x smoother experience we need to program our selves in a ini file ?

Anyone who is in front of me and can help with SAITEK YOKE input?

Thanks in Advance  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

did a flight yesterday EKCH-ENGM without reading the documents  :Tounge: . Seems like for 4 x smoother experience we need to program our selves in a ini file ?

Michael Moe

What do you like to know?

André

Michael Moe

I spent last night trying to do this, in fact the example provided in the PDF file works very well for a Saitek Yoke with a few modifications:

• You only need to adjust the lines relating to elevator and ailerons
  • For the elevator line in axis assignment, the example has a minus sign after the equals, remove the minus sign in order to get the elevators moving in the correct direction
  • Button 0 is fine for the AP disconnect

The biggest bugbear I had was that the external controls interface does not always start up if you re-load the aircraft (e.g. to incorporate a config change) without shutting down P3D.  This threw me for a while, nothing I did seemed to have any effect, the controls just wouldn't work, until I re-loaded the sim.  So, if all your controls stop working, try shutting down and restarting the sim.

If anything else comes up, just ask.

I spent last night trying to do this, in fact the example provided in the PDF file works very well for a Saitek Yoke with a few modifications:

• You only need to adjust the lines relating to elevator and ailerons
  • For the elevator line in axis assignment, the example has a minus sign after the equals, remove the minus sign in order to get the elevators moving in the correct direction
  • Button 0 is fine for the AP disconnect

The biggest bugbear I had was that the external controls interface does not always start up if you re-load the aircraft (e.g. to incorporate a config change) without shutting down P3D.  This threw me for a while, nothing I did seemed to have any effect, the controls just wouldn't work, until I re-loaded the sim.  So, if all your controls stop working, try shutting down and restarting the sim.

If anything else comes up, just ask.

Thanks i will look into the documents regarding this, 

I thought the external interface mjc84cpanel was only to be used up to load and fuel and then afterwards just shutting it down. As i hear you it should just be minimized and run in the background . The documents properly tells all this so i will look into it right away.

FSUIPC may also conflict ?

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks i will look into the documents regarding this, 

I thought the external interface mjc84cpanel was only to be used up to load and fuel and then afterwards just shutting it down. As i hear you it should just be minimized and run in the background . The documents properly tells all this so i will look into it right away.

FSUIPC may also conflict ?

Michael Moe 

To be fair, I wasn't using the control panel, I was editing the INI, but I wouldn't expect it to be different.  I'm going to try fiddle with it tonight and if weight/fuel loading causes the same issue I'll submit a ticket.

I have FSUIPC and it didn't seem to conflict (though it was useful for finding joystick and button numbers)

Thanks for the kind comments about the Q400 Cadet Course guys. We're just working on our First Officer course now which takes in winter ops, VOR, NDB, Circling, RNAV and CATII approaches as well as some of the really sporty stuff such as engine fail at V1, rejects near V1, engine fire and max crosswind landings. All of this is covered exactly as it is trained by a large UK Q400 operator and instructed by a real Q400 pilot.

Majestic have modelled some other failures such as electrics and hydraulics which we will also cover. Electrical failures are more a nuisance than a disaster, but loss of hydraulics can lead to loss of flaps, gear, nose wheel steering and a few other exciting challenges.

Sadly very few operators actually have HUGs fitted so we are struggling to find someone suitably qualified to show us how to use it properly, but let me worry about that.

Similarly use of RNAV is fairly limited with the UK operator we base our procedures on as they only have one FMS fitted as the second one is a factory option. This prevents use of VNAV beyond the final approach fix and the vertical portion MUST be done by the crew using V/S or GS. We've still included as much as we can tell you about this enormous topic, if sitting watching the aircraft fly itself in VNAV and LNAV is your thing.

If there's anything else you might want to know, ask now while I still have all the manuals and a Q400 pilot on speed dial so I can include it.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

To be fair, I wasn't using the control panel, I was editing the INI, but I wouldn't expect it to be different.  I'm going to try fiddle with it tonight and if weight/fuel loading causes the same issue I'll submit a ticket.

I have FSUIPC and it didn't seem to conflict (though it was useful for finding joystick and button numbers)

Thanks for your responds but to be fair i have no clue what i am doing here so this is how it looks on my system

[iNTERFACE]
; GENERAL SUPPORT OF THE INTERFACES
COCKPIT_INTERFACE=1
LABJACKUSB_INTERFACE=1
JOYSTICK_INTERFACE  =1
ASN_INTERFACE=1

; UDP 0  CONNECTOR FOR THE SHARED COCKPIT
[uDP_CONNECTOR_0]
UDP_ENABLED=0
SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=0; // 128 times per second
UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=0.0.0.0:49200
UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49210
ICP_TX_FILTER=6152
ICP_RX_FILTER=6152 

; UDP 1  CONNECTOR FOR THE SHARED COCKPIT OBSERVER LINK
[uDP_CONNECTOR_1]
UDP_ENABLED=0
SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=0; // 128 times per second
UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=0
UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=0.0.0.0:0
UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=0
UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49200
ICP_TX_FILTER=6152
ICP_RX_FILTER=6152

; UDP 2  CONNECTOR FOR THE SYSTEM PANEL
[uDP_CONNECTOR_2]
UDP_ENABLED=1
SEND_RATE_DIVIDER=16; // 8 times per second
UDP_BROADCAST_ALLOWED=1
UDP_BROADCAST_MASK=127.0.0.1:49230
UDP_RECEIVE_ALLOWED=1
UDP_RECEIVE_MASK=0.0.0.0:49240

[EFIS]
;  1 for KG, 0 for LBS
FUEL_KG_UNITS=1
;  1 for hPa, 0 for Inches
PRESSURE_HPA_UNITS=0
;  1 to syncronize pilot and copilot side altimeter settings
PFD_QNH_SYNC=1
AFCS_FSX_SYNC=1

[GRAPHICS]
Enable =1
SmoothingQuality=1
;VECTOR_RATE 0=1x, 1=1/2x, 2=1/4x, 3=1/8x
VECTOR_RATE=0
; Q400 will make sure the screen drawing thread always consumes power. 
; If this option is enabled, recommend to set VECTOR_RATE to 0
LoadEqualization=0
CompositingQuality=1

[sYSTEM]
; timing source  0=Queue Timer, 1=Multimedia Timer
TimingSource=0
; disabling the FDE to FSX syncronization might be necessary if unlimited fps setting is used
disableFDEtoFSXSync=0
; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs
disableFSXCPUBypass=0
; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run
; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0
systemThreadsCPUMask=0
graphicsThreadCPUMask=0

; All parameters generally from -1.0 to 1.0

[FLIGHTCONTROLS]
; this means, no real force feedback available
ElevatorInFSXmode = 1
; TillerInput = 0: tiller control is with mouse only
; TillerInput = 1: turning ailerons below 40kts will steer the plane
; TillerInput = 2: tiller is mapped to the spoiler axis
TillerInput =1

; Flight Controls positions from FSX
ElevatorsByFSX=1
AileronsByFSX=1
RuddersByFSX=1

; CENTER AND DEFLECTION ARE IN THE 0x0000-0xFFFF range

ELEVATOR0_CENTER =32768
ELEVATOR0_DEFLECTION =32768

AILERON0_CENTER =32768
AILERON0_DEFLECTION =32768

RUDDER0_CENTER =32768
RUDDER0_DEFLECTION =32768

BRAKEL0_OFF =1
BRAKEL0_ON =65535

BRAKER0_OFF =1
BRAKER0_ON =65535

ELEVATOR1_CENTER =32768
ELEVATOR1_DEFLECTION =32768

AILERON1_CENTER =32768
AILERON1_DEFLECTION =32768

RUDDER1_CENTER =32768
RUDDER1_DEFLECTION =32768

BRAKEL1_OFF =1
BRAKEL1_ON =65535

BRAKER1_OFF =1
BRAKER1_ON =65535

TILLER_CENTER =32768
TILLER_DEFLECTION =32768

FORCEFEEDBACK_TWIST =0.00

YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH =1.0
TURBULENCE_FACTOR =0.75

ELEVATOR_EFFECTIVENESS =0.4
AILERONS_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5
RUDDERS_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5
PEDALS_STEERING_EFFECTIVENESS = 0.5
AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR =1.0

[ENGINECONTROLS]
; PARAMETERS ARE WITHIN THE 0x0000-0xFFFF range
; now tuned to the noisy sim

PL1_REVERSE =0
PL1_DISC =3448
PL1_FLTIDLE =14484
PL1_RATING =55000
PL1_MAX =65300

PL2_REVERSE =0
PL2_DISC =2460
PL2_FLTIDLE =16328
PL2_RATING =55000
PL2_MAX =65300

CL1_FUELOFF =5000
CL1_START =23370
CL1_850 =38158
CL1_900 =53264
CL1_1020 =65152

CL2_FUELOFF =5000
CL2_START =23092
CL2_850 =39032
CL2_900 =53080
CL2_1020 =65280
AUTO_DIFFERENTIAL_THRUST_ON_TAXI =1

[VISION]
; This section is for the Flght Training Device Vision
LeftViewAngle = 0.04
LeftViewOffset = 0
RightViewAngle = -0.03
RightViewOffset = 0

[sOUND]
; global focus means, sounds will be played even when window inactive
GlobalFocus = 1
;Set the following to 1 if experiencing sound problems under Windows 7
Win7CompatibilityMode = 0
;    Device on which all sounds in this section will be played. 0 Sound Mapper, 
;    1..n is a device number as it appears in the "Default Device" list at the audio page of the windows sound settings.
MainPlaybackDeviceId = 0
;    Device on which the headphone sounds will be played, can be the same as the MainPlaybackDeviceId 
HPNPlaybackDeviceId = 0

; the next entries define to which speakers the respective sounds will be routed to. The map is created by adding the flags, corresponding to the particular sound channels in a SB 9.1 standard, as follows:
; SOUND 3D  -1
; SOUND INACTIVE  0
; SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT              1
; SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT             2
; SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER            4
; SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY           8
; SPEAKER_REAR_LEFT  16 ( if you dont hear any sound from it, try SPEAKER_SIDE_LEFT instead)
; SPEAKER_REAR_RIGHT  32 ( if you dont hear any sound from it, try SPEAKER_SIDE_RIGHT instead)
; SPEAKER_SIDE_LEFT               64 ( microsoft would usually play it at REAR LEFT)
; SPEAKER_SIDE_RIGHT              128 ( microsoft would usually play it at REAR RIGHT)

; the XXXX_sound_level has 3 values in % (from 0..100), for cockpit, cabin and external views

; The map for left engine sounds. Engine sounds will also be played by subwoofer in anycase
left_engine_sounds_map = -1
left_engine_sound_level = 50,80,75

; The map for right engine sounds. Engine sounds will also be played by subwoofer in anycase
right_engine_sounds_map =-1
right_engine_sound_level = 50,80,75

; MAP for left side headphones navigation sounds. 
leftpilot_hpn_sounds_map = 1
leftpilot_hpn_sound_level = 75,0,0

; MAP for left side speaker navigation sounds. 
leftpilot_spkr_sounds_map = -1
leftpilot_spkr_sound_level = 75,0,0

; MAP for right side headphones navigation sounds. 
rightpilot_hpn_sounds_map = 2
rightpilot_hpn_sound_level = 75,0,0

; MAP for right side speaker navigation sounds. 
rightpilot_spkr_sounds_map = -1
rightpilot_spkr_sound_level = 75,0,0

; MAP for observer navigation sounds. 
observer_sounds_map = -1
observer_sound_level =75,0,0

; MAP for synthetic warnings (same for left/right side). was 48
synthetic_warnings_map = -1
synthetic_warnings_sound_level = 75,0,0

; avionics fan
avionics_fan_map = -1
avionics_fan_sound_level = 75,0,0

; sounds, coming from the cabin
cabin_sounds_map = -1
cabin_sounds_level = 110,100,0

; clicks from the switches and knobs (is it possible to do this dynamically)
switch_clicks_map = -1
switch_clicks_sound_level = 100

; Nose Gear sound
NoseGear_sound_map = -1
NoseGear_sound_level = 100,100,100

; Sound for left langing gear
LeftLandingGear_sound_map = -1
LeftLandingGear_sound_level = 75,75,100

; Sound for right langing gear
RightLandingGear_sound_map = -1
RightLandingGear_sound_level = 75,75,100

; Ambient wind sound, left side of windshield
LeftAmbientWindSound_map = -1
LeftAmbientWindSound_level = 50,50,50

; Ambient wind sound, right side of windshield
RightAmbientWindSound_map = -1
RightAmbientWindSound_level = 50,50,50

; Sound when aircraft rolls
GroundRollSound_map = -1
GroundRollSound_level = 75,75,75

; APU/GPU sound
APUSound_level = 0,0,100
GPUSound_level = 35,0,100

; passenger entertainment settings
; flag to enable/disable all announcements of flight attendant
entertainment_FA_announcements_enabled = 1
; flag to enable/disable all announcements from flight deck
entertainment_FC_announcements_enabled  = 1
; flag to enable/disable music
entertainment_music_enabled = 1
; if set to 1, announcements will be played according to the announcements script.
; if set to 0, the announcements still can be played manually using FMS
entertainment_auto_announcements = 1

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
; Ailerons
;J0_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
; Elevators
;J0_Y=-FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC
; Rudder
;J0_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
; AP DISC
J0_b1=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage
J0_b2=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button

[CONFIGURATION]
cockpitConfigScript=ccReadyToTaxi
; Maintenance Deprecation Factor specifies how much faster the aircraft is weared off compare to the real life
WearOffFactor=10.0
; Pause the sim when FMS1 Top Of Descend is reached
PAUSE_ON_TOD=0

Thanks in advance

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

The bits I changed were:

; Flight Controls positions from FSX

ElevatorsByFSX=0
AileronsByFSX=0
RuddersByFSX=1

ELEVATOR1_CENTER =32768
ELEVATOR1_DEFLECTION =0

AILERON1_CENTER =32768
AILERON1_DEFLECTION =0

[JOYSTICK_INTERFACE_ASSIGNMENTS]
; See SpecialFeatures.pdf Joystick Connector section for description
; Ailerons
J0_X=FlightControls_->sensors.Aileron0_ADC
; Elevators
J0_Y=FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC
; Rudder
;J0_Z=FlightControls_->sensors.Rudder0_ADC
; AP DISC
J0_b0=AFCS_->inputs.AP_disengage
;J0_b2=AFCS_->inputs.TCS_button

My suggested changes in bold.  

This assumes only a yoke and the only button explicitly mapped is the AP Disengage which maps to the right hand button on a Saitek Yoke.  The pedals will still be dealt with by FSX (I haven't got my pedals to work, but will try again tonight).  If you find that the Elevator is inverted, remove the axis assignment from the above and use the following line which has a minus after the equals:

J0_Y=-FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC

For me, my yoke worked fine as J0, but if you get stuck, in FSUIPC, go to axis assignment and click rescan.  Move your yoke and it should detect the axis.  Look at the joystick number (probably 0).  If it isn't 0, simply change J0 to J{Number shown in FSUIPC}.

That's as far as I've got, if I get my rudder working I'll report back.  They really need to make a config utility for this....

The bits I changed were:

My suggested changes in bold.  

This assumes only a yoke and the only button explicitly mapped is the AP Disengage which maps to the right hand button on a Saitek Yoke.  The pedals will still be dealt with by FSX (I haven't got my pedals to work, but will try again tonight).  If you find that the Elevator is inverted, remove the axis assignment from the above and use the following line which has a minus after the equals:

J0_Y=-FlightControls_->sensors.Elevator0_ADC

For me, my yoke worked fine as J0, but if you get stuck, in FSUIPC, go to axis assignment and click rescan.  Move your yoke and it should detect the axis.  Look at the joystick number (probably 0).  If it isn't 0, simply change J0 to J{Number shown in FSUIPC}.

That's as far as I've got, if I get my rudder working I'll report back.  They really need to make a config utility for this....

"That's as far as I've got, if I get my rudder working I'll report back.  They really need to make a config utility for this...."

I really apreciate your time and skill on this but i am a pilot not that much into this ini.file configuration changes if you understand so i will properly leave the 4 x smoother experience out of the sales speech and wait for something user handy to come along. 

Thanks alot anyway  ,  :wink: 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png