Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Visuals for 2 displays

Is anyone using a multi monitor setup on a nvidia GPU with one monitor HDMI, and the other DP? Will this mix combo be fine for my visuals?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wod you advise one GPU per monitor? I'm going to run two curved monitors on a single GTX780

not really

i used to have 4 hooked to 780Ti and I was happy 3 of them in surround,

then i went to 970 currently I am using 980Ti and 970 that is for 8 monitors 3 of which are in NVSurrond

PS I dont think you can run Nvidia surround though if you have two 780 and each monitor is hooked to its own card incase that is what you wanted, you then might want to go SLI and then hook up monitors to #1 card.

anyways I don't really think you get any benefit out of hooking up each monitor to separate card. and if you have 2 the same then go SLI, but then again benefit will be not all that much when it comes to P3D is what I am using.

I actually had two 970 SLI and because I couldn't connect enough monitors (i need 8) I switched to running 2 970 non-SLI and really the performance did not change when it came to my main view (the one that needs most processing power)

but anyways bottom line IMO i do not see any benefit by hooking each monitor to a separate GPU, if you have 2 then SLI them, that's all

Yeh SLI is pretty much useless with P3D and FSX. So i'm going to run 2 monitors on my GTX780