Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Struggling with ASN installation into P3D v3

Hi everyone

God .. I am tearing my hair out with this one

I have downloaded and installed ASN Build 5707 and the update SP3 5707

I have also made sure that the paths it requires are all correct  .....

I start ASN and it tells me I am up to date with everything  .... Active Sky Next for Prepar3D Version 1.0.5707.28979

At this point everything looks good .. but as soon as I start P3D I get an ASconnect error with these words underneath

ASConnect is designed to be used with P3D version 2.5.12942 to 2.5.12945

Now this is where I am at a loss ... because as far as I can see I have downloaded the latest version

I am obviously missing something here and really could do with some pointers please

Oh yes  ... if I click ok at that point another box opens saying

Error 

ASN cannot control ambient weather parameters correctly thus it cannot function properly at this point and will shut down

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Paul

You need the 5781 beta version SP4 to work with P3Dv3. And dont forget to run the Simconnect installers in the Prepar3D v3\redist folder, if you havent already.

Cheers!

Maarten

And also ASNext will not work concurrently with both v2.5 and v3.

It will work with either one, but only one at a time.

Otherwise if you have both setups 2.5 and 3, you will have to change paths in the config every time you switch from one to the other.

A pain actually

Pierre

Thank you for letting me know   ... and there was me thinking the update I had downloaded was for v3

Has anyone had any issues with Beta build 5781 or does it seem to be stable?

Paul

Thank you for letting me know   ... and there was me thinking the update I had downloaded was for v3

Has anyone had any issues with Beta build 5781 or does it seem to be stable?

Paul

Paul,

I am using build 5781 In V3  and have had no issues, works for me.

Gary Stewart

5781 works perfectly in V3. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Had problems myself installing ASN into P3D  (user error of course)   I wasn't pointing the SimConnect to the correct folder.  Also the time before that i had Not got correct permissions on my folders and I was Not running as administrator,  this was my problem