Sign in to follow this  
jschenk

Default panel state is not loading at startup

Hi when I load the pmdg ngx 737-800 in P3D it loads in a status where it is about to take off.
When init is completed auto throttle is engaged and the plane start rolling.

MCP panel settings are not the default. However in PMDG setup i specified Default NGX as the startup panel state.
After%2Binit%2Bload.png

If I immediately pause the game and go into the FMC setup menu and I load the NGX Default state from there, I do get the normal state (with auto throttle off etc)

Select%2BStartup%2BState.png

Press execute and it loads normally
After%2Bmanual%2Bload.png

This is however the startup state in my FMC setup, so it should do this right from the start:
FMC%2BPanel%2Bsetup.png

I have also saved this "normal" state as user defined state "jacques" and specified this to be the startup state, but this doesn't work either, when loading the plane, it still comes in the "autostart to be engaged" mode. (but again manually loading this state after startup does work)

It looks like the panel state is ok by itself (because when I manually load it it is ok)
But it looks like this state is not the state loaded during startup, I have nu clue on what state is loaded during startup.

What can I do to have P3D start with the "NGX default panel state" ???

Regards

Jacques Schenk

What can I do to have P3D start with the "NGX default panel state" ???

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Run the simulator as an administrator. Go to the PMDG SETUP> screen, select the NGX DEFAULT as the default, press EXEC. Close the sim, and restart it. What is the result?

Kyle Rodgers

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Run the simulator as an administrator. Go to the PMDG SETUP> screen, select the NGX DEFAULT as the default, press EXEC. Close the sim, and restart it. What is the result?

I did just that but it made no difference.

By the way right after installation of P3D this problem did not exist, it was introduced later, however I can't remember what was installed, changed etc (if any)

Jacques Schenk

I did just that but it made no difference.

By the way right after installation of P3D this problem did not exist, it was introduced later, however I can't remember what was installed, changed etc (if any)

Are you loading from saved flight situation, perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers

No I just startup P3D in the aircraft and airport selection screen, there I select the 737 and some airport and press OK

Just a guess, maybe the 'NGX Default' panel state got inadvertently saved over with some of the parameters changed. Try this, for 'STARTUP STATE' set nothing, delete any state in that spot. Now the aircraft should load in PMDG's built-in default state. If that works, then immediately save that as the new "NGX Default".

Dave

Dave Paige

Hi Dave thanks for trying but no luck, same result with the startup state empty.

As stated earlier I don't think there's anything wrong with the "NGX Default" state, because when I load it manually after init start, it is working fine.

Just to be sure, I configured the startup to load the "cold and dark" state during startup, amd here again, it does not, it loads the same state "about to take off" with everything fully operational.

Jacques

Hi Dave thanks for trying but no luck, same result with the startup state empty.

As stated earlier I don't think there's anything wrong with the "NGX Default" state, because when I load it manually after init start, it is working fine.

Just to be sure, I configured the startup to load the "cold and dark" state during startup, amd here again, it does not, it loads the same state "about to take off" with everything fully operational.

Are you using a Migration Tool? To be clear, I'm not referring to using the tool for getting our products into P3D, but do you have one installed at all?

Kyle Rodgers

No nothing installed of that kind.

but....

I tried a repair install of P3D: No luck

I tried a repair install of PMDG: No Luck

I uninstalled PMDG, manually removed the folder PMDG from P3D and then reinstalled PMDG: OK !

Of course I lost some setting, skins etc for the aircraft, but at least it is working again .....

As an IT guy I hate so say that I don't know what was wrong, but sometimes the end result is more important

Jacques