Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

T206 G1000 expansion

15 bucks from Carenado

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

I'm considering it since I already own the 206... I was a big naysayer of the 182. But if part with the cash to be a ginuea pig

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the info.

I wonder what's next? The PC-12 if it fits? Or the............................?

Anyway, it looks like a good idea if the functionality is very good.

Jim Morgan

Hmmm... the fuss about the G1000 in the 182 kind of fell off my radar, since I wasn't really interested in the 182.  This is a bit more tempting for sure.  Anyone have an opinion on the current state of their G1000 implementation?  I know it was still being tweaked and such, but what it is it missing, and what is it doing well at emulating?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well, the "G1000" can create Flightplans, has a moving map and checklists, that´s more or less it. It generally works but in some situations you wonder: Ok, how do I move on. In my opinion at least in the CT182T it is still work in progress. It works, but it doesn´t necessarily works well.

Well, the "G1000" can create Flightplans, has a moving map and checklists, that´s more or less it. It generally works but in some situations you wonder: Ok, how do I move on. In my opinion at least in the CT182T it is still work in progress. It works, but it doesn´t necessarily works well.

Thanks for the input - how is the current functionality compared to the LR GNS units?  Can you select approaches?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I wish they would focus on integrating Flight1 Garmin GTN gauges into their

aircraft, instead of their own G1000 which is buggy and incomplete..

That way, they would have a winning combination.. Carenado design and Flight1

avionics  :smile:

Bert

I wish they would focus on integrating Flight1 Garmin GTN gauges into their

aircraft, instead of their own G1000 which is buggy and incomplete..

That way, they would have a winning combination.. Carenado design and Flight1

avionics  :smile:

Well Bert, if F1 ever releases the GTN gauges for XP, many of us will be very, very, very happy, and I'm sure there'll be developers lining up to implement them.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well Bert, if F1 ever releases the GTN gauges for XP, many of us will be very, very, very happy, and I'm sure there'll be developers lining up to implement them.

OOPS, did not realize I was posting in the XP forum.. my bad..  :Shame On You: 

Bert

OOPS, did not realize I was posting in the XP forum.. my bad..  :Shame On You:

Ha, but you're tapping into a great desire among us XP users to have the F1 GTN units available!  I wish they'd do it!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.