Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Carenado announced plan to U/G most its FSX/P3D fleet to v2.0

NEWS FLASH . . .

Carenado has announced an update plan for most its FSX/P3D fleet to version 2.0, The aircraft will be rebuilt fixing old bugs and updating them to new technologies. Among the mayor improvements is a new installer which allow FSX - Prepar3D (v2.5 and v3.0) and Steam installation.

Carenado invites its customers to help in this plan and submit bugs to bugs@carenado.com indicating the aircraft, problem and how to reproduce it (only FSX or P3D please).

Carenado's first aircraft updated is the CT182T SKYLANE G1000 HD SERIES FSX/P3D.

These upgrades/updates will be free of charge to current registered owners. A bonus will be that some of the new upgrades will add the use of the F1 GTN650/750 where possible to some of these older planes.

The initial plan is to try to complete two planes each month, but, the production schedule will be affected by some of the more complex models and any unknown glitches that might be discovered during the upgrade process.

Copied from the Avsim.com Front Page announcement plus additional clarification directly from Carenado.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Wow. That was unexpected. Thanks for the heads-up. Hoping for an update of the PC12 with GTN750 integration. Let's wait and see...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Don't mean to be a downer, but two each month?  That doesn't bode well for quality for the non-installer bits.  Much as I want Carenado to succeed (so pretty.....), they aren't getting a penny out of me till they show they can produce quality planes without making the same silly mistakes each time.  

• Upvote 1

Wow. That was unexpected. Thanks for the heads-up. Hoping for an update of the PC12 with GTN750 integration. Let's wait and see...

Make sure you send an email to Carenado at bugs@carenado.com and specifically request the F1GTN750 integration for the PC12 along with any other updates that you are expecting. If enough of us request the addition to the panel, it will have a better chance of getting done.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Does any one know if current owners will be notified of each upgrade ao we can redownload the v2 aircraft? 

This seems like really good news. Carenado already make among the best aircraft from the visual perspective, and if they started adding additional features and systems depth, they could put themselves in the league of RealAir, A2A, and Milviz. Am I expecting too much? Maybe not. They have now developed so many GA planes where do they go next except to go back and improve the quality of their existing fleet.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I'm curious what might be done with the Beech F33A. This 5-year old beauty has been upgraded over the years through the efforts of B. Stolle's quality FDE; Bert Pieke's valuable avionics/gauge contributions; A2A's Shockwave Lights; and Reality XP's FLT/G430 or 650 Gauges.

I've recently returned to regularly flying this aircraft. It's kinda like returning to an old girlfriend that has all the qualities one seeks: Character, Personality and Good Looks; all in one package.

A v2 F33A would be welcomed provided the above mentioned upgrades would not be compromised.

I'm curious what might be done with the Beech F33A. This 5-year old beauty has been upgraded over the years through the efforts of B. Stolle's quality FDE; Bert Pieke's valuable avionics/gauge contributions; A2A's Shockwave Lights; and Reality XP's FLT/G430 or 650 Gauges.

I've recently returned to regularly flying this aircraft. It's kinda like returning to an old girlfriend that has all the qualities one seeks: Character, Personality and Good Looks; all in one package.

A v2 F33A would be welcomed provided the above mentioned upgrades would not be compromised.

And it looks like they only have it in FS2004? I had that version and was able to get it to work in FSX. I agree: I liked it a lot. As part of the upgrade they should make FSX and P3D3 versions as well.

In general the other upgrades they should consider are cockpit vibrations: the instrument panel, gauges, coweling. A2A and RealAir are currently the masters of this. Carenado did a version of this with their Navajo, where the cabin vibrates when the engines shut down. They did it quite well. I believe these vibration effects add a lot to the immersion aspect. We can't deny it - when you are in a light piston plane and start the engines, everything vibrates.

They should also consider more accurate systems modeling. I bring up their Navajo again. It got a very positive review from a real-world pilot with significant experience in a Navajo.

If the enhancements are significant, I think Carenado could reasonably ask for a charge to update to the enhanced version. RealAir did this with their V2 Duke Piston and Turbos. I think the upgrade price was about half the original price. If they do it well, buyers wouldn't complain (they didn't  complain to pay the addiitonal charge for the upgraded RealAir Dukes), as it would be value for money.

Anyway, if we are offerimg suggestions to Carenado that would be mine: don't just fix bugs: provide systems and effects updates as well. I would be happy to pay to make these good looking Carenado planes I already own  have system depth and better reality.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Of the 20 or so Carenado aircraft I have, I'd like to see the Mooney M20 updated the most. It's the oldest aircraft I fly (by purchase date), and although it's very crude by todays standards I still like it that much. 

In fact seeing how Carenado has a tendency to continue to produce more of a particular line of aircraft, I can't believe they have not made a triple bladed prop turbo version such as a Mooney M20K. Surely the M20J is not likely a big seller for them any more, and I think there is a pretty big market for at least one good FSX Mooney. Just my $.02 

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

The F33 Bonanza is still my favorite plane in FSX, and I cannot imagine how Carenado could make it better..  with a GTN650 in the panel, and Bernd Stolle's flight model update, I believe I already fly a V2.  As for the other planes, yes GTN in the PC12 and the King Airs would be nice, along with fixing the many niggly things that detract from the overall effect...  C337, C210, C206, etc and every G1000 equipped plane they have produced..

Bert

Hi Bert,

One minor item that appears unresolved is the Prop Amps gauge. It is on, hardover right with the alternator on and the prop heat deselected.

Les Parson

Hi Bert,

One minor item that appears unresolved is the Prop Amps gauge. It is on, hardover right with the alternator on and the prop heat deselected.

Les Parson

Yes, it goes straight to 30 amps... why I do not know.

Here is a workaround...

In the BonF33 folder, open the prop_amps.xml file with Notepad.

Change:

<Value Minimum="0" Maximum="30">(A:Electrical genalt1 bus amps,amps) 1.5 /</Value>

Now it goes to 20 Amps with room to go up as things are turned on.

If you feel it still reads too high:

<Value Minimum="0" Maximum="30">(A:Electrical genalt1 bus amps,amps) 2 /</Value>

• Upvote 2

Bert

No charge for existing owners eh? Well here's something I don't often say...bravo Carenado!

I tried 1.5 and it doesn't move at all with or without alternator and prop de-ice. I will experiment with other numbers as you suggest to see what happens.

Many thanks.

LP

I tried 1.5 and it doesn't move at all with or without alternator and prop de-ice. I will experiment with other numbers as you suggest to see what happens.

Many thanks.

LP

Oops, then you must have made an error..  copy the entire line from my post.

Bert