Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

Unresolved Issue

Earlier on, I had an issue with loading a flight. This issue hasn't really been resolved, and I am coming here once more to ask for help.

When I load a flight, my 777 goes crazy. I saved a flight about an hour into a route from Toronto to Copenhagen. At the time of the save, the simulation rate was normal speed, panel state was saved under the same name as the name of the save of the flight, and the game was paused. The flight was normal, meaning, it cruised at a constant altitude along the magenta line, with A/P on, along with LNAV and VNAV. When I loaded the flight, the flight did not load into a paused state, but that's okay. After a minute or two, the plane just banks right, and doesn't return to normal flying position. Disengaging the autopilot brings up the flight director crosshairs pointed at the bottom right of the attitude indicator. Turning on autopilot of course executes this dangerous bank-right and pitch-down scenario. I tried manually loading the panel state as well, with the same result.

Since I left that issue hanging a few weeks ago, I didn't find the need to save flights, becuase I had enough time to finish them in one session. However, I will be finding myself in situations where I have to save the flight and continue the next day, and I am counting on PDMG or other users for help. Someone suggested to quickly change the sim rate to half speed until the plane initializes. The plane does initialize, and it flies a normal path for about a minute, and then it makes this dangerous bank and pitch down.

Computer specs: Intel core i7 4.0 ghZ quadcore CPU, 8GB DDR SDRAM, 250GB SSD, MSI GTX960 GPU.

Flight simulator: P3D v3, REX textures direct with softclouds, ActiveSky Next, and airport scenery addons, namely CYYZ and EKCH. Of course, not to mention the PMDG 777LR that I am flying.

Add-ons as well as P3D are ran as administrator with all forms of protection turned off.

Thank you

Damian Jez

Just an update. Overriding the next waypoint with the subsequent waypoint fixes the issue. I would still like a solution to this, but for now, I am okay with pretending that ATC modified my route.

Earlier on, I had an issue with loading a flight. This issue hasn't really been resolved, and I am coming here once more to ask for help.

Prior to loading the saved flight, what is your situation? At the main screen? What aircraft were you in, and so on?

Kyle Rodgers

Prior to loading, I am at the P3D launch menu, where I get to pick my plane, airport, time of day, etc. On that screen, I have the option to load the flight, where I pick my CYYZ-EKCH flight. The sceneries and graphics load (it is a bar that goes from 0 to 100 percent), and the flight comes up. The problem happens just after the 20 second initialization countdown.

Prior to loading, I am at the P3D launch menu, where I get to pick my plane, airport, time of day, etc. On that screen, I have the option to load the flight, where I pick my CYYZ-EKCH flight. The sceneries and graphics load (it is a bar that goes from 0 to 100 percent), and the flight comes up. The problem happens just after the 20 second initialization countdown.

What aircraft is spinning in the window prior to you loading the flight.

Full names - first and last - in each post in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Just an update. Overriding the next waypoint with the subsequent waypoint fixes the issue. I would still like a solution to this, but for now, I am okay with pretending that ATC modified my route.

I save/load P3D flights on almost all long flights and do not have a problem 99 times out of a 100. One time I did have a problem similar to your description is when I was close (<10nm) to the next waypoint so I now make sure I'm more than 10nm before the fix. That gives the systems time to stabilize and the FMS path prediction algorithms time to do their thing. One hidden trick is to ensure your weather is the same and for that I use ASN in the locked to simulator time mode such that when I load the scenario ASN will reset to the weather at the time of the save.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names - first and last - in each post in the forum please.

Am I missing something here? His full name is in his signature. As is mine. As is yours, btw. Do we need to have our full name in each and every post as well even if it's in our sig?? 

If so - you might want to start adding your full name - first and last - in each post :-)

Am I missing something here? His full name is in his signature. As is mine. As is yours, btw. Do we need to have our full name in each and every post as well even if it's in our sig?? 

If so - you might want to start adding your full name - first and last - in each post :-)

When someone adds a signature, it adds that signature retroactively, to include posts that were previously not in alignment with the rules.

While we're discussing forum rules, please read here, paying particular attention to the last sentence of point 4:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/#entry3138871

Kyle Rodgers

I did not have my full name in the signature before I was asked by the moderator to provide a name, I do now.

Which is why it is no longer necessary for me to constantly write my name at the end of every post. I believe this is in compliance with the policy of posting in the PMDG forums, correct?

Sheesh - a simple 'he didn't have it before, the sig was added retroactively' would have sufficed. Don't know why you have to make veiled threats when I was merely trying to clarify the requirements in a bit of a light-hearted fashion; heck I even added a little smiley face just so it was clear I wasn't shouting etc.