Sign in to follow this  
bobaz

Tutorial problem

I down loading the 737 NGX, FMC totorial ( Aussie Star) from PMDG.  On PDF page 6 it says select JCT7 on the next computor page.   When I select JCT7, nothing happens, not anything on that page clicks.  Any help please ?

Bob Dee

I down loading the 737 NGX, FMC totorial ( Aussie Star) from PMDG.  On PDF page 6 it says select JCT7 on the next computor page.   When I select JCT7, nothing happens, not anything on that page clicks.  Any help please ?

Bob Dee

I don't see anything like you are describing on page 6 of the PMDG Tutorial 1. What tutorial are you writing about?

Here:   http://www.pmdgsimulations.com/pages/downloads/docs.html

PMDG 737NGX Introduction and Tutorials   PMDG 737NGX Documentation (PDF)

None of those PDF files refer to "JCT7" at any point. Additionally, the files you linked to are older. Use the ones that came with the aircraft, which are current.

Full names - first and last - in each post, please.

EDIT: It appears that you're using a third-party tutorial made by someone who goes by the name of Aussie Star. While these are occasionally helpful, the tutorials that came with the aircraft will likely be more helpful, initially. From there, branch out and look at other tutorials such as the one you've downloaded. The reason you're not seeing the JCT7 SID is that it is now the JCT8.

Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > 737 > Tutorial #1 and Tutorial #2

Kyle Rodgers

OK Kyle, thanks.    I get a simular problem with Tutorial #1.  PDF page 26 says Press LSK 2R to select Runway 08R...nothing happens, or on any LSK.

Bob Dee

OK Kyle, thanks.    I get a simular problem with Tutorial #1.  PDF page 26 says Press LSK 2R to select Runway 08R...nothing happens, or on any LSK.

Instead of looking to hit a particular key, be sure to look for which line has the runway on it. It's the concepts that you need to pull out of it, and not exactly what buttons to hit, when.

Kyle Rodgers

PDF page 26 says Press LSK 2R to select Runway 08R

I believe the runway is 09R now. It was 08R when the tutorial was written. If you are seeing nothing on the right hand side of the page, you are on the wrong page. You had better start over again. Read it carefully. Do not rush thru it.

Edit. 08R is still 08R. My mistake. I thought the flight started from EGLL.

I have exactly  the same as the tutorial example.  Tried a few times but get stuck there.

Bob Dee

I have exactly  the same as the tutorial example.  Tried a few times but get stuck there.

Bob Dee

Did you get runway 08R selected? If you did, next you need to select the appropriate SID then LSK R5 Route>and proceed with entering the route to EHAM.

Did you get runway 08R selected? If you did, next you need to select the appropriate SID then LSK R5 Route>and proceed with entering the route to EHAM.

Nothng happens when I try to select o8R, or nothing else.

When you had  selected  8R   from the right  hand  side  did  you get  <sel> option  to the left  of  8R  when you selected 8r,   since  if  you did   and  keep pressing  8R  nothing  will happen  till you have  selected a  sid from the left hand  side

Here  is  a  utube  of  the  tutorial egkk to eham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muGCDT86mRA

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete, I see where I went wrong, I think. :fool:   That's the kind of totorial PMDG should make available.  The guy that did that totorial was very savvy.  To read & go through the material while recording was amazing.   Thanks all for your help.

Bob Dee

NO probs hope  you got it  sorted,  do tell us where you went  wrong :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg