Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

is steering in pro version broken

i configured my panel as i had on my previous version with alieron and mouse how ever i can see tiller move in cockpit the wheels are not and thus cant make any turns etc, anyone see this? worked before.  seems like tiller is disconnected from main wheel, i make turns see it turn in cockpit but aircraft is not turning.

let me know.

Do you have forgotten to remove the gear pins?

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Make sure the red flags in the gear pin bag are visible.... also of note, you must be on the ground parked with the door open to be able to retrieve the pins- if I remember, by clicking on the storage bag itself. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I'm under P3Dv3 and never had to remove gear pins, despite a Cold & Dark startup mode.

And I'm able to make turns on ground.

Strange :rolleyes:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Never had to remove gear pins either but the switch on the pilots left to disable steering seems to be in the disabled position by default. once switched mine turns as expected I am using spoiler axis though.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

all checked same issue.  can someone see if that maybe a bug, and check their and configure to tiller via mouse+alieron.

Also I was able to insert gear pins after a test flight. (with main door opened, after engines cutoff)

Maybe it stores the pin status for next flight? I'll see...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Thanks a lot guys !

Removing the Pins solved the problem. After all Pro seems to mean Pro :smile:

Greetings

Daniel Schneider

Yes! You're the PIC now. Do those checklists!

well, i double checked everything and verified pins out etc, still have 0 steering, with ether mouse or alieron or anything.  any ideas?  i installed it as admin with no av running.  but ground steering is not working, i can move tiller in cockpit but it does nothing, if pins installed tiller is locked if pins out tiller moving but not moving the wheel.  worked before pro version but now not.  also in my control panel for dash tiller shows far left arrow and no numbers like its not even recognizing the axis or what ever.  anyways i cant fly this bird without being able to get it up.  alieron and all other axis work fine.  so i am bit stuck.  any idea?

i did change startup to dark and cold, changed it preflight, taxi and no affect. any help would be appreciated.

Just to confirm- are you seeing a nosewheel steering caution (yellow/amber) on the Caution Warning Panel, after engines are started, and the nosewheel steering switch is on?

foudn the issue and fixed it.  there is a switch right above tiller called steering, it wasnt engaged.   as soon as i engaged everything started working as should be.

thanks.

not  the   nose wheel switch your  referring  too, as mentioned  by Brendon above your post?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg