Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

is steering in pro version broken

I think this is the one as there is no other switch related (as far as I know).

But obviously it's part of "After Start checklist" or "Before Taxi checklist", whatever Q400 checklist package used.

So it's quite strange to miss it  :sorry: 

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

This might sound odd but yes i went through checklist and thought it was that tiller edge button looking thing (i know dont laugh) but in past never had to engage a switch and didn't even know that dash had a switch for the tiller to do nose gear steering, seems odd.  does real dash actually have a switch for steering? if so when would one disable it, isn't tiller is automatically assumed a steering of the plane, just curious. 

does real dash actually have a switch for steering? if so when would one disable it, isn't tiller is automatically assumed a steering of the plane, just curious. 

yes it's real, they talked about it the airline2sim videos, it is normally disabled during pushback. my recollection of the exact reason is foggy, something to do with not accidentally whipping the pushback vehicle around or having the hydraulics countering the steering input from the cart..

cheers

-andy crosby

This caught me out too. I'm so used to the Pilot edition panel state having that switch turned on that I missed it in my flow. Took me a few seconds to work out why I had just nosed into the terminal building.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

yes it's real, they talked about it the airline2sim videos, it is normally disabled during pushback. my recollection of the exact reason is foggy, something to do with not accidentally whipping the pushback vehicle around or having the hydraulics countering the steering input from the cart..

cheers

-andy crosby

Oh, the pictures I could show you...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Glad I did a search as this was driving me crazy last night. Will hopefully be better tonight now :)

From EGFF to YSSY

Glad I did a search as this was driving me crazy last night. Will hopefully be better tonight now :)

Seems like that isnt my problem as I have been flicking the switch for steering but I still cant control the plane during taxing using my yoke (Saitek)

From EGFF to YSSY

Ok- the switch in the cockpit must be on as well as having the option selected in the control panel (mouse and ailerons), click save and apply. The setting doesn't "take" immediately, the plane must be reloaded after each setting change

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Yeah I had all those settings and it just didnt work so as a last resort I uninstalled the dash 8 and reinstalled and now it works fine. Bad install somehow I guess :) Cheers

From EGFF to YSSY