Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The **EXPLOSIVE** FPS XPX.41 'secret...shhhhh'....

What's up with the lighting ?

A nice bright sky but it's almost dusk down below

Cloud shadows?

When I created the 'theme' of the title of the thread, I thought to make it fun, and hope I got a few smiles :)

I appreciate Ben coming onto the thread to share some of the background from a dev of XP.  But with respect, and in light of that, I do find across, not only XP, but other sims...that I actually do get better FPS performance, if I do not throttle back the scenery sliders in any of them. Whether this quark is just with my system specs, the cpu, motherboard, gpu, other supporting sub-systems, whatever...it is a true observation, coming from the use of my system.

So, with that being said, and the eye-grabbing style of this thread title, aside (smile)!,...I still suggest that everybody try the highest settings on their system, and see exactly what FPS you get...across different demand loads...and who knows...perhaps you will see this against-logic 'perk' as well. It costs nothing to post a thread, and it costs nothing to act upon it, as well....it certainly won't hurt your system, but only have you slide some virtual bars to the 'west'....and observe the result, let alone a much more immersive, and virtually gorgeous world around, and below you....

Cheers,

Ses

When I created the 'theme' of the title of the thread, I thought to make it fun, and hope I got a few smiles :)

I appreciate Ben coming onto the thread to share some of the background from a dev of XP.  But with respect, and in light of that, I do find across, not only XP, but other sims...that I actually do get better FPS performance, if I do not throttle back the scenery sliders in any of them. Whether this quark is just with my system specs, the cpu, motherboard, gpu, other supporting sub-systems, whatever...it is a true observation, coming from the use of my system.

So, with that being said, and the eye-grabbing style of this thread title, aside (smile)!,...I still suggest that everybody try the highest settings on their system, and see exactly what FPS you get...across different demand loads...and who knows...perhaps you will see this against-logic 'perk' as well. It costs nothing to post a thread, and it costs nothing to act upon it, as well....it certainly won't hurt your system, but only have you slide some virtual bars to the 'west'....and observe the result, let alone a much more immersive, and virtually gorgeous world around, and below you....

Cheers,

Ses

Do you mind posting your settings and a few pics (before and after) with XP's frame counter, cause what you are stating here just doesn't make any sense. I have tried what you are suggesting before, all it does is bring my system to its knees and I have a pretty strong system. I need a least 30+ and for that I need to cut down on settings. .

I have never played a game where increasing eye candy or other goodies for that matter would yield more performance, it just doesn't happen, that is what I have experienced along the way so far.

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Do you mind posting your settings and a few pics (before and after) with XP's frame counter, cause what you are stating here just doesn't make any sense. I have tried what you are suggesting before, all it does is bring my system to its knees and I have a pretty strong system. I need a least 30+ and for that I need to cut down on settings. .

I have never played a game where increasing eye candy or other goodies for that matter would yield more performance, it just doesn't happen, that is what I have experienced along the way so far.

Carlos

Sure Carlos...but already beat ya to it..(smile)..  I documented a real-time flight today in the Screen Shot Forum, under XPX.41 KFNT to KJFK, Dawn departure. In that flight, with the sim at  Trees: Tree Hugger   Objects: Extreme Roads: Extreme, HDR, DSF,  Water at: Advanced,  Airport Detail at extreme (or the highest wording)  Shadows: 3D on aircraft,  RESOLUTION: one level below full out...,  The monitor set to my 60Hz montior so 60 FPS if obtainable, etc...you can view the whole flight with most FPS readings, before the deadly detailed DD's New York City and area 3rdP scenery pack came into play at the last of the flight, staying at 30-31 FPS (displayed), until about 50/30 miles out of New York, where XPX.41 started loading in their whole scenery pack...and I stayed at 15-20 FPS for the duration in the area with a direct fly-over of New York City under the above full -out sim settings,...and didn't go below 15, mostly stayed at 16-18 FPS, which for the scenery discussed, and the sim full out...is most excellent FPS/my system performance, to be sure.  As you know, even at 15, you have smoothness and no stutter with XP. At least, on my system you don't.  So, go and check it out...that's why I purposefully left the FPS and Speed Data refs on my shots.  On shots with no FPS showing, I wanted those for wallpaper. During this flight, you can see, with XPX.41 set to the above parameters, over farm fields of Michigan, and then the mountains of New York State, en route to New York City.  Many different cloud-scapes as well...

By going to to Trees: Filled In  OBJECTS: Tons  Roads:Tons....over the same scenery and area....I lost 5 FPS average on all readings.  Also, you can check out my SMP 3.0 settings in this Forums' SMP 3.0 forum thread...where I displayed to FKANE, a fantastic cloud base shot, and on the second shot...displayed the settings that I use all the time. Those also were in play for my flight this morning, as well as my claims of yesterday as I observed the initial FPS performance, after loading DD's New York from an early morning purchase. 

Post Edit:  BTW, Carlos, to speak to your point about maintaining 30 FPS for your needs...as you will see...I ran the whole trip basically at 30-31 FPS no problem under the stated sim settings...and again, went no less than 15 for the nuclear system load-in above and near, New York City at 2,200 feet!   We are a totally B.S.-free zone here... (smile).  Even my leaving Bishop-Flint at early morning (no light), as well as at the airport, was a non issue, maintained  29-30 FPS.  Some of the early pics of the flight didn't have the FPS meter running, as they were going to be wall-paper to me.  But trust me...they like the others that show it...all were the same, 29-31 FPS.

Be sure to keep scrolling to the very bottom,  towards last post of the thread, to see all the descent and approach/fly over pictures, all with FPS readings displayed.

Hope this encourages you .....

Cheers,

Mitch

I just thought to post, that who knows how much whatever operating system, you have in play, results, or adds to the final performance from any sim you run?

For the record, I never ever migrated to W10. I stayed with W7, and will see how the W10 winds howl, perhaps on the first of the last week, you can migrate for free.  I want to read upon the Net, yea, or nay comments...with W10 having been out for a whole year...

But anyway, my statements are with W7 driving my system.

Hey, Sesquashtoo's back. We missed your over-enthusiastic posts. As we said earlier - you could do some serious marketing for the LR team!

Hey, Sesquashtoo's back. We missed your over-enthusiastic posts. As we said earlier - you could do some serious marketing for the LR team!

"Over-enthusiastic posts"... perhaps my posts....measured as viewed by your personal 'enthusiasm' watermark, Scramjet333.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My watermark, ... **is** my lifetime personality, and exuberance shown from exit from the womb, thereon.  I'll choose my level and energy of life involvement, its level of enthusiasm, thank you,... being any moment there is still breath in the lungs....

My family, growing up as a kid, with dad, mom, and sisters...., later on, my wife, my kids, my grandchildren, my colleagues, my clients, and friendship circles...also seem to have no issue with my level of general enthusiasm in all that I do. Not a one....

I must be doing things alright...as they are...   :drinks:

I won't be changing....anytime, soon.   :Shame On You:  :Shame On You:  :Shame On You:

Sesquash-'enthusiastic'-too

• Upvote 1

"Over-enthusiastic posts"... perhaps my posts....measured as viewed by your personal 'enthusiasm' watermark, Scramjet333.

My watermark, ... **is** my lifetime personality, and exuberance shown from exit from the womb, thereon. I'll choose my level and energy of life involvement, its level of enthusiasm, thank you,... being any moment there is still breath in the lungs....

My family, growing up as a kid, with dad, mom, and sisters...., later on, my wife, my kids, my grandchildren, my colleagues, my clients, and friendship circles...also seem to have no issue with my level of general enthusiasm in all that I do. Not a one....

I must be doing things alright...as they are... :drinks:

I won't be changing....anytime, soon. :Shame On You: :Shame On You: :Shame On You:

Sesquash-'enthusiastic'-too

I never meant it in a negative connotation, but unfortunately you took it that way. :( Interpretations would vary, ah well.

I never meant it in a negative connotation, but unfortunately you took it that way. :sad: Interpretations would vary, ah well.

That's good to read.  I know that my personality gravitates in a big way, to those that show uber enthusiasm and passion, in what they do.  I'm sure that most of us would say the same. :)

All is good!

Ses