Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Turned off NVI, I now have slight blurries

I took everyone's advice here and turned off NVI. I am now relying only on V3 internal settings, 8X Samples, 16X Aniso and FXAA on. It definitely gives you slightly better and smoother FPS and no problems in clouds, but now there's a slight blurriness to everything that was not there before when I used NVI with SSGS at 4x and in sim, 4 samples, Aniso at 4x and FXAA off . Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get rid that last little bit of blurries that now appear with NVI off. Can NCP help in anyway? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

My rig is i7 4770k, OC to 4.4, 16gb Ram with a 6gb GTX 980ti. My sliders are at moderate positions, I don't pin them to the right.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

FXAA is likely what gives you a bit of blurriness... try turning that off to see the difference.

The tradeoff - FXAA adds some blurriness to the entire rendered scene, but performs very well. SSGA looks best, but really taxes the GPU (*and DX11 anti-aliasing vs. P3D clouds is a harsh reality)

Yep it's FXAA.  I leave it on because it's better on perfomance.  But it makes glass cockpits tougher to read imo.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I took everyone's advice here and turned off NVI. I am now relying only on V3 internal settings, 8X Samples, 16X Aniso and FXAA on. It definitely gives you slightly better and smoother FPS and no problems in clouds, but now there's a slight blurriness to everything that was not there before when I used NVI with SSGS at 4x and in sim, 4 samples, Aniso at 4x and FXAA off . Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get rid that last little bit of blurries that now appear with NVI off. Can NCP help in anyway? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

My rig is i7 4770k, OC to 4.4, 16gb Ram with a 6gb GTX 980ti. My sliders are at moderate positions, I don't pin them to the right.

Same spec as me, have been trying a few different settings so you can run them to see how it goes

[DISPLAY]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=90

TextureMaxLoad=9

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=60 (or 30)

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=5 (10)

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

in NCP Max prerendered frames =1 ( also try 3 or 4)

bob

edit no NI, Ncp.. single monitor & preferred max performance

just a few additional things:-

I'm running AM as suggested by SteveW

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=116.. I have put AM for trackIR, ASN & EZdok on the first two cores.

have also tried turning on MFAA in NCP and reducing MSAA in p3d to 4samples

still testing but off to bed shortly.

last thing I running resolution of 2560x1440.

bob

[

I won't run P3d without NI. I need my SGSS.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

My worry about increasing the resolution beyond 1920X1080 is the slight distorion of the picture, the fact that the gauges become smaller and almost impossible to read and the fact that it puts a lot more demand on the processor, thus opening up the possibilities of OOMs.

Lee H

My worry about increasing the resolution beyond 1920X1080 is the slight distorion of the picture, the fact that the gauges become smaller and almost impossible to read and the fact that it puts a lot more demand on the processor, thus opening up the possibilities of OOMs.

sorry didn't make it clear enough, I was just pointing out the native resolution of my monitor, it wasn't a suggestion to up yours, it's best to run at the monitors native resolution, also the settings suggested above may need need adjustment.

bob

Everyone has made really good suggestions. I will slowly try them out. The possibility of acquiring a higher reso monitor is a thought. However, NVI sure makes the sim look sweet. I have been experimenting with NVI by lowering the ASN cloud layers to 3, reducing cloud visibility, usiing REX soft clouds and using a bit less of the ASN settings. This has already helped the FPS when passing through clouds, it's now a less severe FPS drop. I will keep experimenting with both NVI on and off.

Lee H