Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Saitek yoke - calibration advice

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased the saitek yoke and pedals. For the life of me I cant seem to flare the 737 and most of the time end up floating down the runway or smashing into the runway. I'm pretty sure rather than my lack of ability its more to do with the calibration of my yoke. Previously I used the budget thrustmaster hotas joystick and most of the time could make decent landings.

I use FSUIPC and have everything setup and calibrated that way, all axis assignments have been disabled in FSX. Im just looking for some general advice in terms of calibration settings in particular the slope settings for aileron and elevator. I have googled until im blue in the face but going round in circles really.

I'm running FSX steam edition if that makes any difference.

Any help greatfully received!

Cheers

Sid

Thomas Derbyshire

When moving to a yoke from the joystick for me I found immediately that I had the same problem as you - I was flaring too hard too fast, too early, floating down the runway. Not sure if there is some correlation between what "feels" right with the stick, and what "feels" right with the yoke, but you might want to just spend a week doing just landings with your new yoke instead of messing with the calibration settings.

I initially tried to mess with the sensitivity profile to solve the problem, but then on takeoffs and general hand flying I didn't like how it felt. I think I've come to the conclusion it was me, not the calibration.

My advice, using the Saitek Pro Flight myself, would be to use the Saitek software and drivers.

You may not see anything now, but it seems that FSUIPC will cause some strange issues with the NGX.

(i also chop power as about 100' and start flaring at 20')

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB