Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

Gauges - Reality XP and SimTouch Plus 2 - Worthwhile?

Reality XP    http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/flt/features/index.html

SimTouch Plus 2    http://www.simtouch.eu/Information/SimTouchPlus2.aspx

I don't find much feedback on Reality XP gauges and even less on SimTouch Plus 2.

SimTouch Plus 2 works on a regular monitor as does Reality XP.  So no need to buy a new monitor.  I have a 19" and a 24".

In a few weeks, I will build a whole new system with 4k 55" LED TV, new computer etc.   So a second monitor for the panel would be nice.   Are these products worth buying or is a separate window from the sim (FSX and P3D) good enough?

BTW- I am a student pilot.  So I will be flying the A2A Cessna Trainer almost exclusively.

No Heavy Metal, PDMG type aircraft ever.

Thanks

RMM

Just to be a little more clear, I am specifically interested in feedback on the "Six Pack" set of gauges and the Navigation instruments.   I don't have much interest at this time in the GPS products.

thanks

RMM

Great timing simtouch is on sale 50% off at sim market. Its a great package and I use it on a 19" touch screen

Go to their website they have pics of all the screens including 6 pack, and go to you tube I believe they have a very long demo/tutorial

here it is

ZORAN

Beerwolfe..

In the Cessna 172, default or A2A, does the complete Radio Stack/Xpndr/Autopilot bank also come up on one screen, separate from the "Six Pack"?

thanks

RMM

Another question is...simply..Why?

Why not just use the default gauges in a separate window?  

What does this product bring to the table that makes it worthwhile?   

thanks

RMM

Did you watch the 33 min video above ? Go watch it , just about all systems are covered in 8 tabs so no hunting around for different models trying to undock a screen every time you need to switch between Instruments not to mention the big FPS loss when you do that

pictures speak many words. at 50% off IMO its the best package you can get by a mile

The gauges auto change depending on whether its a piston/turbine or jet

Capture_zpsxjjxqxwn.png

2_zpsuibko1mq.png

8_zpsllemkqde.png

4_zpsz3lvdqhb.png

5_zpsdmqgrigd.png

1_zpse8mt3e9o.png

3_zpsv9j6cjgh.png

7_zpsdf5tzwfd.png

9_zpsnoyfxl6a.png

10_zpsapkmqrdz.png

ZORAN

Hello Beerwolfe..

Yes, of course, I watched several videos in fact.  There is one for the C172 as well.

What I don't understand, though, is what is the speciality of this product?   A separate window can present the panel.

Reality XP makes claim and reviews report better modeling of the gauge function.   What about SimTouch?

Why the requirement for an internet connection?   SimTouch does little to explain what they do actually besides running in an independent off-Sim status.   What advantage that has and what makes their gauges worthwhile, I just don't see any information.   

If it is only the Touch Screen facility that is special...then why the need for a live constant internet connection to their server?

RMM

Ive used it for years and there is no need for an internet connection.

ZORAN

Hello Beerwolfe..

OK, thanks for the correction.   I have been reading as much as I can and obviously misunderstood.   Thanks.

So is your main reason for using this product then the Touch Screen facility and added realism gained thereby?

Do you notice any other positive factors over the default gauges?

thanks

RMM

Thanks Mick..

The Reality XP Garmin GPS products are still very much in demand as indicated by A2A support for this specific product.  See here...  

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=35825

Here is more information from another forum regarding the Reality XP Gauges.

Reality XP Flightline T and N Gauges

These are great gauges, but they were developed at a time where airplane cockpits were in 2d format. Like the defult FSX airplanes or the Carenado C182Q, Bonanza etc.  The newer airplanes, like the a2a C172 have 3d modeled cockpits and you cannot replace the gauges. So they have have lost their usefulness.   I still fly the F33 Bonanza with FLT/N gauges in the panel, but for newer airplanes, they cannot be installed. That is why you do not hear much about them anymore.

RMM