Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

2nd flight using the pro version had a failure

As topic  suggested, was on  take off roll  was having  difficultly  in keeping  the plane  on centre line, but  was slowly drifting  to the left   couldn't   steer to the right  back on centre line.  Luckily   I  managed  to lift off  before leaving the rwy :).   On climbing  raised  the gear  and flaps on schedule   and  found  I had  3  green light  and  3  amber  lights on the gear  annunciation panel. Read  the  emergency and abnormal manual  on the gear issue and  on closer  examination I found  the issue.  Anyone  can guess  what it  was?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Failure to remove your gear pins?

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Yep, although  had  no issue  in taxing  to the rwy  ,though only  on take off   and off course  raising  of the gear :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You too? I lost an engine on approach haha. Alas, I was too engrossed in the sheer awesomeness of the HGS to realize I was stalling. Good thing it was just a delivery flight..

The gear pins seem to have caught a lot of users out, and they only be removed if the cabin doors are open (the logic being how can you get out to collect them if all the doors are shut).

Do they even appear in the FMS options with doors closed?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Best way to check if  you have removed  them is  checking  to see if  there are 3  red  flags  hanging  out :Tounge:

Peter kelberg

silly question maybe, but how do you repair failures? I have something broke off with the left main gear and every landing results in a crash. Tried different livery and reloads, still there.

-Roland

@sparkie66,

Your issue sounds like a permissions issue.

Failures are supposed to clear after a restart/reload of the plane. In the case of the blown tires, they will be replaced after 20 minutes on the ground, with the engines off. If this isn't occuring, then I recommend you do a reinstall of the Q400. Be sure to right click the installer, and select "run as administrator."

regards, Craig.

The gear pins seem to have caught a lot of users out, and they only be removed if the cabin doors are open (the logic being how can you get out to collect them if all the doors are shut).

Do they even appear in the FMS options with doors closed?

No sir, but you can check visually behind the FO's seat.

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@sparkie66,

Your issue sounds like a permissions issue.

Failures are supposed to clear after a restart/reload of the plane. In the case of the blown tires, they will be replaced after 20 minutes on the ground, with the engines off. If this isn't occuring, then I recommend you do a reinstall of the Q400. Be sure to right click the installer, and select "run as administrator."

regards, Craig.

Thanks, I'll go try that. I'm reasonably sure I installed it as administrator; )

-Roland

Jus found this in the Majestic docs:

Gear pins There are 3 gear pins, which can be located in situ (in a bag behind the F/O seat), or installed outside in the aircraft gear. In the PILOT version, the pins will be placed in situ automatically once the electrical system is powered. In the PRO version and above the pins removal must be ordered from the FMS DATA- >SERVICES page. Failure to do so will result in the gear not retracting in flight.

Mario Di Lauro

I think everyone  realises  this:)  but  one forgets  some  times  to check  the 3  red  flags 

Peter kelberg

I think everyone  realises  this:)  but  one forgets  some  times  to check  the 3  red  flags 

I'm always late to the party.

Mario Di Lauro

Under P3Dv3 with PRO & Beta v3 DLL, I never had to remove the gear pins. (I'm around 15-20 runs with PRO)

Is it a P3Dv3 version specific Q400 property?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Under P3Dv3 with PRO & Beta v3 DLL, I never had to remove the gear pins. (I'm around 15-20 runs with PRO)

Is it a P3Dv3 version specific Q400 property?

It's your responsability (the pilot) to put and/or remove the gear pins. There are not installed by default.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|