Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

2nd flight using the pro version had a failure

Actually guys,with the release candidate, there is some variability built in.  You'll have to check the pins each time as you'll never know if they are installed or not.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Think Dave  was  one of the beta  testers  for the pro  version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On one flight out of about 10, the gear pins were in. You need to check them each time. It's called a "pre-flight".

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yeah, I'm a Majestic (Aerosoft, REX, TFDi and SunSkyJet) Beta Tester.  Flew the Pro weekly for just over 5 years prior to release.

Did you miss our Worldwide Broadcast with Aerosoft and Majestic?  We had close to 5000 viewers and gave away about $1500 worth of software including several versions of the Pro.  See it here.

On one flight out of about 10, the gear pins were in. You need to check them each time. It's called a "pre-flight".

LOL.

We discussed this one (and a few other things like it) a lot, especially after it caught most of the Beta Testers off guard a few weeks before release (we didn't have them before that).

To check the gear pins, you don't have to open the door and check the FMS, you can simply look behind the copilots seat and see if they are present - you'll see the red check before flight tags hanging out of the bag on the backwall a few inches above floor level. You don't see them, then they're installed.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I got my first "gear pin event" last night while preparing an IVAO flight.

I was more than happy to have run the preflight checklist :Tounge:

I like this stochastic behaviour, it adds some pepper on the Q400 barbecue.

I had also yesterday my first full IMC landing with almost 100 feet of vertical visibility (ASN fog from real weather in P3Dv3).

Very realistic and give some stress for the pilot :fool:

I don't think I would have succeeded without the great HGS help. I was about to go around ...

Q400 Pro is definitely for me the best modeled and enjoyable aircraft ever.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites