Sign in to follow this  
ronfor1

V 1.5 hiccups......

Now flying V1.5 of the Lear and most of the earlier issues seem to have been dealt with........very grateful for all the work.   I am still having a problem with the HSI showing any deflection however.

In either the VOR or GPS mode I usually don't see from the HSI whether I'm right or left of course and therefor can't use the HSI to correct accordingly.  This is particularly vexing when shooting an ILS of course and I was wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem.

I know I could install/use the GTN 750 I have, but I just haven't gotten fond of it and would rather not.  If anyone has some insight on this I would welcome it.

rf

Guest BeaverDriver

You definitely have a valid VOR or GPS signal then, I would guess? One thing to check is that if you have a VOR tuned in, that you have VLOC or VOR (or whatever the terminology is used on the GNS530) for the CDI entry. If you are following a GPS course, then the CDI entry (bottom left of the 530) should read "GPS". Most likely you have that figured out, but I'm just trying to think of what might cause this. And the needle is always centred, correct? It never deviates?

Just some helpful info for the HSI

You must be within a specific range to have an active signal. Once you have a signal the CDI will move off the center line. The VOR will re align center when adjusting the course to the VOR. The GPS will not align based off the course heading and will only center when you fly on course. Also the GPS will not capture the autopilot hold mode unless your with 2NM of the course. But i can assure you that the HSI works as it should. 

In our user manual we explain that the pilot's HSI is for Nav 1 and GPS. The copilot's HSI is for Nav 2 only.

Is there a way to switch aircraft navigation to be guided by Nav2 on HSI2?

Thanks

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Thanks for all the comments to date................all of the mentioned items have been checked and rechecked.  As far as I can tell, this may be unique to my computer system.  This is the fourth installation of the Lear 35 for me and all of them have exhibited this problem.  A couple of times the HSI has worked as it should but then it goes back to its recalcitrant ways. I will continue to try to figure this out because, contrary to assurances otherwise, the HSI is NOT behaving correctly.

Thanks to all,

ron

Hmmm, for some reason I can't get the CDI on the HSI to couple to the GNS530 eventhough the VOR/GPS selector is on GPS and I start on course.  I usually use the GTN750  and it does work perfectly.  (And, as I know sometimes the GTN will interfere with other GPS units, I removed the GTN.ini file before trying to use the GNS530.)   

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I had a few issues with the AFCS and Nav tracking when I was using P3D V3, In FSX SP2 they don't exist, so there may variables here what sim and system you are using.

Gary Stewart

I had a few issues with the AFCS and Nav tracking when I was using P3D V3, In FSX SP2 they don't exist, so there may variables here what sim and system you are using.

HI Gary,

First, thanks for all your help with this rocket.  And I am wondering whether you have the F1 GTN750 installed in FSX and/or P3D? 

Thanks,

Bill

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

No just using the GNS530, I have not been adding any stuff like ASN or others just to eliminate any conflicts for awhile.

Gary Stewart

Okay..........now driving V.6.........still get nothing from the HSI needle in the GPS position.  Works well in the VOR/ILS but nothing in GPS.  Also......the landing lights in this little rocket ship don't even extend out to the nose of the aircraft with my set up.  I've tried adjusting them with keyboard inputs (control/shift 8 and 2) thinking they may be too high or low, but no luck. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just ME again........??   (groan....)

Bringing up steering with the tailhook input works great on landing.........thanks for all the work.

rf

Okay..........now driving V.6.........still get nothing from the HSI needle in the GPS position.  Works well in the VOR/ILS but nothing in GPS.  Also......the landing lights in this little rocket ship don't even extend out to the nose of the aircraft with my set up.  I've tried adjusting them with keyboard inputs (control/shift 8 and 2) thinking they may be too high or low, but no luck. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just ME again........??   (groan....)

Bringing up steering with the tailhook input works great on landing.........thanks for all the work.

rf

I have the same issue with the HSI and GPS using the GNS530 in both FSX and P3D V3. Was going to see if V1.6 made a difference but now the GNS530 activate button would not work in P3D. I'll try in FSX later.

Gary Stewart

Is there a way to switch aircraft navigation to be guided by Nav2 on HSI2?

Thanks

Yes the copilot HSI is set for Nav 2. This is mentioned in our manual under tips. If you have a active Nav 2 the AP will be active for Nav 2 or it will be only available for Nav .

Hmmm, for some reason I can't get the CDI on the HSI to couple to the GNS530 eventhough the VOR/GPS selector is on GPS and I start on course.  I usually use the GTN750  and it does work perfectly.  (And, as I know sometimes the GTN will interfere with other GPS units, I removed the GTN.ini file before trying to use the GNS530.)   

No reason to remove any files as both GPS units will work perfect. If in GPS mode the course will not affect the CDI. Only the position of the aircraft within a specific range of the course will produce a active CDI.

rf

For the GPS mode same reason i posted above.

V1.6 and V1.7 are new custom ground light effects and can't be adjusted. But a million times better than the default triangle lights.

After landing the steer lock will only work below 45 knots for those who can't engage it. Glad you noticed it's working as this has been mentioned in a few posts.