Eclipse_14.png

Eclipse_152a9f2.png

Eclipse_16f1b8a.png

Eclipse_13e6967.png

Eclipse_12e66ab.png

Eclipse_19b80ee.png

Eclipse_1884393.png

Eclipse_16e25fe.png

Final...myself (I wish!) peering out towards, what's gonna be New York, New York!

Have a great day/night folks,

Cheers!

Eclipse_23.png

Eclipse_29.png

...a couple hundred miles out from New York fries....

Eclipse_35.png

• Upvote 1

Hello Mitch Great shots.  

Some Questions:    Hope you don't mind  :smile:

(1)  I'm downloading X-Plane as i type,  Can i jump in and fly or do i have to wait until all scenery has been downloaded?  Will i cause any problems by not waiting?  I don't mind the water thing 

(2) Your first pic, is this built in lighting for the New York scenery Or are you using Real Terra Haze?  

(3) I see your using Sky Maxx Pro,   The different colours in the clouds?  Is this built into Sky Maxx Pro Or are you using an added sky texture to give them different colours 

Hello Mitch Great shots.  

Some Questions:    Hope you don't mind  :smile:

(1)  I'm downloading X-Plane as i type,  Can i jump in and fly or do i have to wait until all scenery has been downloaded?  Will i cause any problems by not waiting?  I don't mind the water thing 

(2) Your first pic, is this built in lighting for the New York scenery Or are you using Real Terra Haze?  

(3) I see your using Sky Maxx Pro,   The different colours in the clouds?  Is this built into Sky Maxx Pro Or are you using an added sky texture to give them different colours 

Hi Elaine...I'm still in the flight and was going to add the approach into New York...I am right now, descending from 9,000 to 5,500 on the initial approach vector to KJFK. 

The first pic is a progression from Flint-Bishop, Michigan, USA,  and vector towards my cruise alt.  The lighting you see is actually, yes..a fabulous built-in feature of XP...but I am certainly using Terra Haze..in a custom setting to bring out the tenure of the different HDR lighting.  Yes...Sky Max Pro v3.0, and if you go to the SMP thread on the General XP forum..I showed FKANE, the dev, a shot of his fabulous cloud-scape in this trip inbound to New York...and I also showed my settings to achieve what you see in this flight...also there.

So, yes...absolutely TERRA HAZE in all its glory. I don't fly without it, Elaine, ever.  The different color in the clouds is most likely SMP, and the density of the cloud at the different colorization level.  Fabulous, isn't it?

So...I'm going to get back to my approach...I'm presently assigned to 5,500 AGL, and am right now about 55 miles out to some great New York cut fries...oh..and a beer...even if it is only 7:00 in the morning here...my stomach doesn't know the time...and thank gawd! :)

Enjoy...and welcome aboard...you will be THRILLED with XP!

BTW...I'm not too sure what you mean about can I fly while I download...you mean, as a process in the background?  I suppose you can...but your FPS might take a hit.  The water thing?  I don't quite follow you?   I set the water mask to NONE when above 5,500 feet, and then take the time to set it to either ADVANCED, or COMPLETE below 5,500 feet...depending on what water bodies is below me.  You certainly want your water for DD New York XP on ADVANCED, to take in the fabulous effect upon the Hudson River...oh yeah...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah....

• Upvote 1

Great,  Thanks for the reply.

What i mean by the water thing is when there's no scenery in the area your flying, you just have water around you.  I think i will just let X-Plane completely download before flying,  i'm only about 4 hours away. 

I'm going off now to purchase Sky Maxx Pro with my half price Voucher  :smile:   Thanks for the info 

Great,  Thanks for the reply.

What i mean by the water thing is when there's no scenery in the area your flying, you just have water around you.  I think i will just let X-Plane completely download before flying,  i'm only about 4 hours away. 

I'm going off now to purchase Sky Maxx Pro with my half price Voucher  :smile:   Thanks for the info 

FOUR HOURS?!?!?!?  Holy Cow!  :))))))))))  You go, girl!

I'd imagine that you have to wait for the entire program and global scenery to download, then for a true complete installation. Trust me, it is worth the long wait....

(bring up your brightness control to suit your sense-of-view)

Here is my approach and the last picture is a few miles out to the numbers at KJFK...I hope you enjoy.  I did this trip with the FPS counter engaged, to show others what you might expect in FPS (very usable...) with the sim full out to Trees: Tree Hugger   OJBECTS: Extreme   ROADS: EXTREME as per my system specs. I will be shutting down the FPS meter on any of my future pictures in any flight sim...as others...some find it a nuisance to view.  :)

So, here is the descent and approach into the New York area and a New York city fly over...in all its glory.   What a BLAST Elaine, what a blast XP is!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse_28.png

Eclipse_30.png

Eclipse_31.png

Eclipse_320cc03.png

Eclipse_3363526.png

Eclipse_47.png

Eclipse_44.png

Eclipse_350908f.png

Eclipse_55.png

Eclipse_53.png

Eclipse_49.png

Eclipse_36.png

Eclipse_57.png

Eclipse_53.png

Eclipse_55.png

Eclipse_57.png

Well Elaine, we landed....and did the taxi...and soon...soon...Times Square, some Blues in the background...some dancing...good food...and perhaps tonight, catch a show Off Broadway!!!

Life is good...life it good...and oh, if I can convince my wife to come with me...on the second evening, catch a performance at the New York Met....LOVE OPERA!  She...not so much, lol.

Note: This entire flight was in real time, start to finish.

Cheers,

Mitch

Lol very good Mitch.   The scenery looks great.  Yes i'm looking forward to doing some flying tonight.  I only like the little stuff, in x-plane i've got the B1900D + B200.   Im now looking into getting the Airolabs and the C404 Titan.   The Labs partially has my attention.  Also like the sound of SounMaxx as well.    I will be left with no money :smile:  

Lol very good Mitch.   The scenery looks great.  Yes i'm looking forward to doing some flying tonight.  I only like the little stuff, in x-plane i've got the B1900D + B200.   Im now looking into getting the Airolabs and the C404 Titan.   The Labs partially has my attention.  Also like the sound of SounMaxx as well.    I will be left with no money :smile:  

Those planes you have are really nice...and yes, you will love the 'labs...really well done, features, sounds, etc. My problem is, ...that I have too  many planes, and not enough time to pull all of them out of the hangar.  Too bad I didn't have this issue in real life, lol.  Enjoy all your purchases...and just keep humming to yourself; "...deck the hall with boughs of holly, la, la, la, la, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"!

• Upvote 1

Amazing set and clouds! It's very realistic.

FDX, it was one heck of a great flight.... from rotation at Bishop-Flint, Michigan, right down to the numbers at President Kennedy's airport......:)

All driven under the Real Weather Setting for XP.

Fabulous shots of the sky over NYC!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Love that multi layer sky...Manhattan looks brilliantly done!

HLJAMES