Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Caution for those who purchase from ACE 737 yoke

I agree here it is 2017 and communication still is still awful. I for one have not had a pleasant experience with ACE. Last word I got from them on Saturday was "Your order is being boxed up and prepared for shipping". We shall see, stay tuned. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Good morning,

I ordered a Cessna's yoke in November 2016, telling me Darryl that it would be ready before Christmas. I paid for it and in December I received an email that the yoke was ready to be sent. Then I said to myself: "Wow, It is clear that these people work fast despite the criticism of previous years." However when I answered them their email indicating that I was very happy about their speed and good service, almost immediately, Darryl replied that there was an error and that mine was not ready and that I had to wait a few more weeks.

This same was repeated another two or three times more: I received an email indicating that the yoke was ready for shipment but then they apologized again saying that it was not my turn yet and in another couple of weeks I would receive it.

Well, I tried to be patient, because the situation started to be more than annoying to me (I had paid but I was still waiting). If it is true that when I sent any email, I always got answers within 48 hours máximum.

After many emails, trying to space them so as not to seem too insistent, on March 27, 2017 I received the yoke. Its appearance was maginific, perfectly packed and protected, and constructed entirely in metal.
I unpack it carefully I even made a video about the unboxing process to upload it to the network (there are none to date).

I quickly headed to my computer and plugged in and set the yoke to be tested. The first thing that left me perplexed was, in a yoke of that price, the lack of any type of documentation or manuals. The central unit is served separately from the handle but although it is not difficult its connection, it would be useful some kind of document describing what is bought and how to make use of it. Besides no USB cable is provided for its connection (something ridiculous considering the low price of a cable of these).

But the biggest surprise was when I saw that only one button on the handle was working. I checked the connection between the handle and the central unit and, for my surprise, I found out that the ribbon cable were cut almost completely just inside the shaft (WHAT ??? !!). I did not believe what I was seeing. The parcel arrived perfectly packed and protected, without any kind of shock or damage that could indicate a problem in the transport. Immediately I send a message to Darryl and Ali, telling them that it was impossible to receive the cable cutted and the package without any damage. I recognize that the expression that I used to open the email was not very appropiate, although in Spanish is more colloquial in English does not sound very correct. However, once cleared the language barrier, Ali agreed to send me a new cable to replace the one that was damaged.

A few days later I received the new ribbon cable and some connection pins to rewire the unit again. However the task was very complex and the unit had to be almost completely dismantled. I again sent an email to Ali explaining that it did not seem logical that the customer had to do that reparation because it required tools and skills I didn't have.
Finally they agreed to send a new unit to me as soon as they would have ready the next batch of orders and, in the same shipment I would return the damaged unit. In addition, as a gesture of goodwill from their side, Ali indicated that they would also send me a new handle in compensation for the inconvenience and delays. I congratulated them on that decision, considering that it was more than fair.

Well, so far so perfect, but the weeks passed and I sent them another email to request information on the status of the response. The answer left me totally puzzled because they were saying that they didn't time to read my email and I was delaying the production. I can't understand this. I have been waiting for months, receiving a broken unit and besides that I have to be more patient??

So far I have not received any mail (nor unit) about the status of the resolution of my problem and the last email was exchanged on May 31. I have serious doubts that they will repair anything.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, Darrylacw579 said:

FAO:  Vernon Howells aka.  Driver170

Thanks for your candid comments and opening up the dialogue on your experience with our services.  

I'm glad you shared your experience, and you now have my undivided attention.  

Putting myself in your shoes I would equally be frustrated and can relate to your experience when I myself ordered a throttle from Revsim 4 years ago without receiving my chart holders for the side of that yoke.  So believe me when I say " I get why your angry / frustrated".  I have gone through those same emotions.

Your previous dealings with ACE and Harris we're before my time, and catching up with him over a phone call today, it's fair to say he's been 'bollocked' for forgetting, to action this order and for requesting a deposit which when investigated was not returned.  I am returning the money back to you today, you should see this transaction through PAYPAL shortly.  I am shipping your clipboard and spare part to you today also, tracking will follow over e mail shortly.  Further more, as a gesture of good will, I am also sending you a further $100 credit for you to take yourself and perhaps your better half out for dinner, on me.  I apologize & have no words and equally disappointed, and can assure you that this is a 'one off', I have not come across this before and If I do, I will be resolving on a case by case basis, to put right the situation.  That's my guarantee.

To update anybody reading this post, ACE has undergone allot of changes in the last year.  

I have been a customer and have had similar experience when dealing in the customer service area.  One of the key contributing factors to accepting this role, was to turn this company around.  My 1st idea in taking charge, was to take a new product line to market, which has been extremely successful, and we have received nothing but positive feedback.  I purposely took charge of the business on the Desktop line side, to concentrate on Product development, customer engagement and have been active helping customers with setting up, issue, concerns, questions over holiday seasons, weekends and even in to the middle of the night (a never before for ACE).  I can assure you that we have taken full responsibility and have listened to these comments, with a view to ensuring these are mitigated to an absolute minimum moving forward and while i'm in charge. 

Comments / feedback and reviews can all be found on our FB for the time being, here (they're down the bottom of the page):

https://www.facebook.com/Aircraftcontrolengineering/

Customers (including yourself) now have a direct line to me, able to get hold of me through FB page and through email: darryl@737yoke.com and we have even setup a dedicated support desk for issue that need resolving to ensure they are tackled on a case by case basis, and receive immediate and undivided attention, found at: support@737yoke.com 

Interestingly, we never EVER see any comments which are negative about our yokes and their durability, realism, look, feel and longevity.  They are built to last, and when you install an ACE yoke in to your simpit, you'll know you've made the right decision.

I'd be more than open to having a direct conversation with you, to resolve any further issues that you might be experiencing, to avoid the previous experience you have received.  My only regret is that you didn't e mail me or I had insight in to this problem, otherwise your user experience would have been arguably, quite different.

Our business has been in-business for almost 15 year(s), and we have many MANY positive comments, reviews, videos of our products now through our social media platform located here:  while we re-launch a new website, with new products covering an assortment of aircraft;  Including; 737,747,757,767,777 and I am working on a 787 Desktop yoke right now, along with CRJ yoke soon to be released, EMB/ERJ yokes, Cessna yokes and tiller which I am launching very VERY soon indeed.

It's unfortunate it had to end this way, with comments through a forum,  However i understand your reasoning to do so, and we are glad you rought it to our attention.   Last year, we received 99.8% customer satisfaction rating, based on previous years which we're 81.4% and mostly due to customer service type issues.  

Candidly, Our business is here to stay.  We are growing, have recruited more staff and have expanded our operation in to Dubai markets, with partners such as AviationMegaStore and FlightSim Store who now support our products and can help reduce shipping issues/costs based on their locations also.

link:  https://www.aviationmegastore.com/cat/yokes-pedals-joysticks-288.html

Feel free to reach out when ready

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

All the Best

Darryl

ACE Team

Hey Darryl, I don't know if your still around, I ordered a T7 column yoke from you a back in March.  Payment was easy.  You sent me an invoice, I paid it that day.  You said if I wanted a hatswitch it would be 49.95 which I paid for.  I asked you where the placement of the switch would be, your answer,

"There's only one place it can go opposite side to the trim switches 

I will speak with engineer and let you know"

I got the throttle in June, no hat switch.  When I texted ACE, Ali said it was not possible to place the switch on the column yoke.   He stated he would give a refund for the 49.95.  Then that's when the hot air started.  First, they would put the matter on their "to do list",  Then it was a long weekend for them in Canada, then I would have to wait for them to balance their books.  Really, that much hogwash over a fifty dollar credit?  I finally had enough and contacted PayPal in which they had to resolve the matter for me.  I got my refund. Then another problem, After mounting the yoke to a floor board, There was a lateral wobble on the yoke about in inch either way.  It was as something was loose in the mounting.  I again texted ACE and Ali responded.  I asked how to remove the box covering so that I could tighten it myself.  Ali said he would send me a diagram.  After no reply in two weeks, I sent them a text of dissatisfaction.  I got a response after that that he was in the process of moving and his wife was in labor.  He would give it his attention after things settled down.  If this was my next door neighbor working out of his garage, I would expect this, not of a company promoting high quality merchandise priced at a premium located in Canada.

I would not recommend dealing with ACE because they communicate only to sell their product' not after the sale. 

Gnacino

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, tompolth said:

Good morning,

I ordered a Cessna's yoke in November 2016, telling me Darryl that it would be ready before Christmas. I paid for it and in December I received an email that the yoke was ready to be sent. Then I said to myself: "Wow, It is clear that these people work fast despite the criticism of previous years." However when I answered them their email indicating that I was very happy about their speed and good service, almost immediately, Darryl replied that there was an error and that mine was not ready and that I had to wait a few more weeks.

This same was repeated another two or three times more: I received an email indicating that the yoke was ready for shipment but then they apologized again saying that it was not my turn yet and in another couple of weeks I would receive it.

Well, I tried to be patient, because the situation started to be more than annoying to me (I had paid but I was still waiting). If it is true that when I sent any email, I always got answers within 48 hours máximum.

After many emails, trying to space them so as not to seem too insistent, on March 27, 2017 I received the yoke. Its appearance was maginific, perfectly packed and protected, and constructed entirely in metal.
I unpack it carefully I even made a video about the unboxing process to upload it to the network (there are none to date).

I quickly headed to my computer and plugged in and set the yoke to be tested. The first thing that left me perplexed was, in a yoke of that price, the lack of any type of documentation or manuals. The central unit is served separately from the handle but although it is not difficult its connection, it would be useful some kind of document describing what is bought and how to make use of it. Besides no USB cable is provided for its connection (something ridiculous considering the low price of a cable of these).

But the biggest surprise was when I saw that only one button on the handle was working. I checked the connection between the handle and the central unit and, for my surprise, I found out that the ribbon cable were cut almost completely just inside the shaft (WHAT ??? !!). I did not believe what I was seeing. The parcel arrived perfectly packed and protected, without any kind of shock or damage that could indicate a problem in the transport. Immediately I send a message to Darryl and Ali, telling them that it was impossible to receive the cable cutted and the package without any damage. I recognize that the expression that I used to open the email was not very appropiate, although in Spanish is more colloquial in English does not sound very correct. However, once cleared the language barrier, Ali agreed to send me a new cable to replace the one that was damaged.

A few days later I received the new ribbon cable and some connection pins to rewire the unit again. However the task was very complex and the unit had to be almost completely dismantled. I again sent an email to Ali explaining that it did not seem logical that the customer had to do that reparation because it required tools and skills I didn't have.
Finally they agreed to send a new unit to me as soon as they would have ready the next batch of orders and, in the same shipment I would return the damaged unit. In addition, as a gesture of goodwill from their side, Ali indicated that they would also send me a new handle in compensation for the inconvenience and delays. I congratulated them on that decision, considering that it was more than fair.

Well, so far so perfect, but the weeks passed and I sent them another email to request information on the status of the response. The answer left me totally puzzled because they were saying that they didn't time to read my email and I was delaying the production. I can't understand this. I have been waiting for months, receiving a broken unit and besides that I have to be more patient??

So far I have not received any mail (nor unit) about the status of the resolution of my problem and the last email was exchanged on May 31. I have serious doubts that they will repair anything.

It is clear that after almost a year since purchasing the command they have no intention of keeping their compromise.

Finally I had no alternative but to do the repair on my own.

It is very unfortunate that a company that could sweep the market work so disastrously with the after-sales service.

I had the same sort of experience with them.  They have a good looking product, but their after sales support sucks big time.  I've got nothing but BS excuses from Ali.  As far as Darryl is concerned,  I don't think he's with Ali any more.  He seemed to be just a sales front for Ali  From mine, yours, and other peoples' experiences, the one man company is full of word not allowed.  All Ali is interested is pushing his product.  I'm sorry I purchased from him.  Anyone else, BUYERS BEWARE OF ACE PRODUCTS.

Gnacino

I have gone through three quality yokes in my time. A desktop yoke and then Floor style column yoke from precision flight controls. Then moved onto what I consider the best and already knowing to steer clear of ACE, I went with Agronn 737 Captain Yoke.

www.agronn.com. Best company you could ever work with. They provide excellent after purchase support and their product is miles better than ACE from what I have seen. Anyone in the market for some serious hardware check them out, one happy customer to another.