Sign in to follow this  
Cellinsky

Reverser

Hi

Love this plane, very well done and a joy to (hand)fly. I have a question however: When arming the reversers and activating them, there seems to be no breaking effect nor do I hear any "reverser-sound". The Animations however are correct inside and outside. Am I missing something?

Thanks for this gem and keep up the good work

Marcel

The reverser functionality is still correct in v1.5, however the process of correcting other items has disabled the sound effect for the TR's. We are aware of this and are looking into fixing it, along with a few more bugs. Thanks for the input!

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

The engine temp gauges are reading too high as well. Just a rough temp but it looks more like 450c is idle and it shouldn't go past green on the gauge when under 100 on the N1

Mitchell Haughee

:smile: Thanks for clarify this and looking forward to the next service pack. Take youre time, its allready very good and there are no showstoppers anyway.

Marcel

Just keep in mind everyone, that the TR's have very little actual braking effect in real life. This holds true for just about every jet aircraft with thrust reversers. While they make a lot of noise, and you feel the sudden deceleration, 90% of that deceleration is coming from the brakes. Many jets dont even have a separate set of performance charts for TR's inop.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I guess all the years I used thrust reverser's in the Lear's was a waste of time.  :smile:

Gary Stewart

Actually Joe, as I was taught in A&P school, roughly 80% of your braking on rollout is from the TR's. In fact, the only aircraft I can think of where the TR's have little other than a lot of noise is the Falcon 50. It only has a TR on the number 2 engine.

However in newer light business jets there is a shift away from TR's in favor of heavy duty braking systems i.e. Phenom 100/300, Premier, etc.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

We are aware of the low sound from the reverser. When we reduced the idle for better descent speeds the sound cfg caused 2 new issues. Late engine spool up and hardly any reverser sound. TSS Turbine Sound Studio is creating a new cfg for the new idle and V1.6 will have the new config settings.

The reverser's have increased stopping thrust. i found in the user manual the arm light with the switch in the upper position should be on before it's available. The system is available when the gear has weight on the ground.

VERSION 1.6 UPDATES: NOV 24, 2015

Fuel system updated (Check user manual)

User manual updated

Cabin pressure controller updated

Compass night texture fixed to match day texture

Mach dial increased animation range for more accuracy

Turbine Sound Studio CFG updated for new idle and reverser sound missing

Turbine Sound Studio added new custom reverser sounds

Reverser strength increased and arming light will now display before touchdown

VAS Patch updated NOV 24, 2015

The engine temp gauges are reading too high as well. Just a rough temp but it looks more like 450c is idle and it shouldn't go past green on the gauge when under 100 on the N1

I have set a new temp at 440 C at idle. But with hot weather and full revs it only climbs to 600 C. I will be adding this to the updated version tonight.

I have set a new temp at 440 C at idle. But with hot weather and full revs it only climbs to 600 C. I will be adding this to the updated version tonight.

Well it would be better to have the temps right at the high end then right at idle I would say. If we need to have a trade off it would be better making the take off thrust temp right and being able to use a realistic 795c for climb. That's what they do in the real plane.

Mitchell Haughee

Well it would be better to have the temps right at the high end then right at idle I would say. If we need to have a trade off it would be better making the take off thrust temp right and being able to use a realistic 795c for climb. That's what they do in the real plane.

Not sure why the scale does not increase as much as it should. I will try find a happy medium.

Efficiency of thrust reversers depends of planes. On the DC8-55 we used TR on engine 2&3 in flight, deceleration was light, but on the DC8-72 it was very powerful and we had to make an annoucement at the public adress to avoid passengers being afraid by the strong deceleration and vibrations. on the ground too the 72 with CFM56 had a powerful deceleration. On the DC10-30, it was a common practice to avoid using TR on engine n°2(It happens that it stayed stuck open when depoyed with lot of troubles to retract it). Furthermore certication curves for landing take only brakes into account. If you have troubles with brakes you can be heavy penalized. Sorry to be a little bit off topic .

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte