Sign in to follow this  
LZScout

How to change rudder, aileron, and elevator trim

Other than letting the autopilot do all the work, can someone tell me where the controls are to change the settings on rudder, aileron, and elevator trim? I see the gauge near the PCL that shows the current settings. Also, has anyone used the Saitek Trim Wheel to control elevator trim?

I see no answers so far. I think I'm missing something basic in the virtual cockpit. Can someone point me to the click spots where the different trims are adjusted?

I'm aware that I can assign elevator trim functions to my yoke. What I'm asking is what controls in the virtual cockpit (and in the real aircraft) are used to adjust the three trim axis's? And is it possible to do so in the sim?

Found on the Internet:

Elevator and Aileron Trim Actuators: A 4-way hat switch is
mounted on each yoke. Moving up and down adjusts the elevator
trim. Moving left or right adjusts the aileron trim.

Trim Indicators: The Trim indicators are located in the upper left quadrant
of the center console

Rudder Trim: The rudder trim is a slider located on the forward face of the
power lever.

Note: The PC-12’s rudder trim runs automatically when the yaw
dampener is engaged, which is usually done immediately after
takeoff so it’s rare that the manual rudder trim is needed.

Bert

I'm just trying to understand if there any any physical controls for trim accessible in the Carenado PC12 virtual cockpit. It sounds like there isn't. Perhaps the trim controls in the real aircraft are only accessible via the electrical thumb switches on the yoke.

I usually set up my Saitek trim wheel to match the amount of rotation I see on a similar control in the virtual cockpit. That's why I'm trying to determine what works trim in the Carenado PC12.