Sign in to follow this  
markgrinyer

Prepar3d V3 - No window

Hi

I've just taken the plunge and migrated FSX over to P3D v3 (Much better I have to say). 

Most of the add-ons I've brought with me have installers that are prepared for P3D (ORBX and ASN). Only two I'm missing to complete the package are ATC and AI traffic.

I have not re-run the installer as I read on the prepar3d forum that RC4 is a standalone and I should me able to get RC4 working without needing a fresh reinstall 

Everything is on my 'z' drive

I have changed the .flt and .wx path to "z/user/mark/my documents/prepared 3D V3" and RC4 seems happy with it. But is this correct and for using ASN 

My main P3D directory is in my program files x86 folder

I set everything up as I did in FSX but the RC4 window does not generate within the sim. I have updated FSUIPC to the latest version as of today.

I understand P3D V3 handles add-ons differently as they are kept in a separate folder to the main sim as a way of managing memory.

Do I need to do a fresh install for prepar3d V3?

Any ideas on what to do?

Many Thanks

Currently working my way through the PDMG catalogue, starting with the 777

Many Thanks. Mark

Alt-tab to look for any hidden error messages. Be sure RC is running with both levels of admin privileges. Be sure to the Path to your P3d folder is correct.

In your example, is "z" a shared drive? I noticed no colon. Are you running over WideFS on a network?

I assume you have a flight loaded before pressing the start button of RC.

If you alt-tab through running apps, is RC still up after you pressed the Start button?

What Win version and setup.

A reinstall might be necessary if it is not running. A look in the P3D modules or equivalent folder should have an FSUIPC.log file. See if RC is recognized after a fresh attempt at running RC after the Start button.

Are you also running the ASN weather watcher window?

Verify you are running fsuipc version 4.948.

Did you see the full operations of makerwys and then RC data copies when you did the scenery update? Be sure the P3D path was correct.

My apologies

I just forgot to load with admin privileges

At least it was a simple fix lol

Many thanks

Mark 

Currently working my way through the PDMG catalogue, starting with the 777

Many Thanks. Mark