Sign in to follow this  
Stearmandriver

Any active VATSIM / IVAO / other network organizations with realistic multiship carrier ops / CATCC?

Hello all,

I'm posting the question here because after a good bit of time spend googling this issue, I'm still confused.  What I'm wondering:  is there any online group conducting networked (VATSIM, IVAO etc) realistic carrier ops with ATC / CATCC?  Training exercises / weapons use would be a fun bonus, but I'm more looking for realistic flight procedures than blowing stuff up.

I find several upstart threads about this on the VATSIM boards going back years, but none look active now?

How about VUSN?  They have a website and snippets of it sound promising, but I can't find any active forums about them.  Are they even active?  Do they do this?

Just throwing the question out there in the hopes someone here knows something about this...

Thanks!

Andrew Crowley

There are several such organizations, last time I checked there were organizations combat and even tanker operations.  Try the virtual US Navy and virtual US Air Force (you mentioned one of these) but I believe you have to establish an account and have it approved before you can see their forums.  The VATSIM website MIGHT have a listing as well, or maybe the VATSIM forums. 

I do know that they do a Red Flag event.

Hope this helps!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hey Dave, thanks for the reply. Yeah I tried to sign up with VUSN to check out their forums etc, but the sign up process seems to have issues... submitting a feedback form just reopened a blank form, so I don't know, makes me wonder if they're still active. Maybe they're just doing some work on the site. Hope so, looks pretty interesting!

Andrew Crowley

PM sent to Stearmandriver, as we have had numerous enlistments since this post. Not sure why you had a problem, so please try again and let me know if you have any issues.