Sign in to follow this  
Guest paddy

Has anyone seen an unidentified flying object ?

Guest flyhi

Not sure where to post my question, i think this is the topic.So, has anyone seen something like it ? Something that could't be explained using the technology we have today, or/and the physical laws as we know so far ? Pls let me make clear that i do not mix an UFO with an extraterestrial vehicle - i do not know if extraterestrial vehicles exists, maybe yes maybe not. I am looking for real, serious cases of people that have seen an unidentified flying object for my information and only becouse i like searching for such cases.Nikolas Vegas, Athens/Hellas

Guest ba747heavy

I have seen a few things in the air that made me scratch my head. "Pls let me make clear that i do not mix an UFO with an extraterestrial vehicle - i do not know if extraterestrial vehicles exists, maybe yes maybe not." Is a pretty good summation of what I saw. It was odd, but who knows what it was.

Guest flyhi

Thank you for replying.Could you -if you feel like it of course and have the time also- to tell me more details ?nikolas

well, of course the moment you KNOW it's an extraterrestrial vehicle it's no longer an Unidentified Flying Object :-rotorI think everyone has seen things he couldn't identify at some point or other.Most people shrug it off, some call it a Big Government conspiracy to hide the Aliens from us and steal all the esoteric technology to control us all (why they can't then not simply cause us to never see those UFOs the conspiracy theorists seem incapable of explaining away).There may indeed be alien intelligences out there, but I doubt they're just buzzing small towns on earth in order to scare the locals.The economics of space travel are such that there needs to be some economic incentive, be it trade or colonisation, involved.Let's just hope we never meet the alien equivalent of the Spanish colonisation effort of South America...

Guest flyhi

Thanx for replying."well, of course the moment you KNOW it's an extraterrestrial vehicle it's no longer an Unidentified Flying Object"How do you know that an Unidentified Flying Object is an extraterrestrial vehicle ? I can not understand it. Do you think that all the Unidentified Flying Objects that have been reported are extraterrestrial vehicles ? Becouse i do not. In fact they are two different things."I think everyone has seen things he couldn't identify at some point or other."I do not think so. Personaly i have not."Most people shrug it off, some call it a Big Government conspiracy to hide the Aliens from us and steal all the esoteric technology to control us all (why they can't then not simply cause us to never see those UFOs the conspiracy theorists seem incapable of explaining away)."Conspiracy theories. This is something else that could be discussed in another topic. But eversince you mention it, here is my opinion: I do not know. I can not be sure about anything in life. I just keep my mind open not believing everything not rejectiong everything. There is plenty of space in mind for everything."There may indeed be alien intelligences out there, but I doubt they're just buzzing small towns on earth in order to scare the locals."Also This is something else that could be discussed in another topic. But eversince you mention it, here is my opinion: Many people have been reporting adaptations. I do not know. I can not be sure about anything in life. I just keep my mind open not believing everything not rejectiong everything. There is plenty of space in mind for everything. "The economics of space travel are such that there needs to be some economic incentive, be it trade or colonisation, involved."Also This is something else that could be discussed in another topic. But eversince you mention it, here is my opinion: Unfortunately that's how looks like."Let's just hope we never meet the alien equivalent of the Spanish colonisation effort of South America..."Also This is something else that could be discussed in another topic. But eversince you mention it, here is my opinion: Let's just hope..... By ending, have you seen an Unidentified Flying Object ?regards, nikolas

Guest Philip Olson

I'll hop in here and say that yes, on two occasions I have seen something that totally defies what I understand as the laws that govern our current technology of manned aircraft. On a few other occasions I have seen something that I consider questionable but could be explained given environmental conditions or other factors. If you want more information about these encounters I would be happy to email the information to you as I think that for me to give all of the proper information would be too much to post here. Best Regards,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest GalacticCowboy

>How do you know that an Unidentified Flying Object is an>extraterrestrial vehicle ? I can not understand it. Do you>think that all the Unidentified Flying Objects that have been>reported are extraterrestrial vehicles ? Becouse i do not. In>fact they are two different things.The opposite, in fact. If one could positively identify an object as an extraterrestrial vehicle, then it is no longer "unidentified" and therefore fails to be a UFO. :)

I used to be a Merchant Navy officer. One night in the wee small hours in the middle of the North Pacific, full moon and broken clouds at about 10,000, I watched a group of lights carry out the most amazing jinking and dancing in the distance. I knew they were quite a long way away but not astronomical phenomena because they occasionally went behind and through the clouds. When they went into clouds there was a glow around them just like a regular aircrafts landing lights would have, but the manouvers were totally impossible for a regular plane.At no time did anything ever show up on radar - either where the lights were or even another ship on the ocean.Were there actually "objects" there, or was it some sort of atmospheric phenomenon? I don't know, but meteorology was part of my college training, and it wasn't anything I could explain.Richard

Guest flyhi

Hello.At first i want to thank all of you who participate in this topic either write yr opinion, share yr experiences or just reading the posts.Kurtis:"The opposite, in fact. If one could positively identify an object as an extraterrestrial vehicle,........" .This is the problem, the big question. Don't you see it ? How someone could positively identify an object as an extraterrestrial vehicle ? In my opinion this could huppen if after the observation of the object, the same person had a contact of the third type.The fact that an object acts in a way that we are not able to explain does not mean that this object is an extraterresatrial vehicle. It could be. Many possibilities. But no proofs untill someone comes in contact with extraterrestrial entities. In this case it is not a UFO anymore. In any other case, the object remains unidedintified. That's how i see it.Richard: Thanks for sharing.Have a nice day you all,nikolas

>>How do you know that an Unidentified Flying Object is an>>extraterrestrial vehicle ? I can not understand it. Do you>>think that all the Unidentified Flying Objects that have>been>>reported are extraterrestrial vehicles ? Becouse i do not.>In>>fact they are two different things.>>The opposite, in fact. If one could positively>identify an object as an extraterrestrial vehicle, then it is>no longer "unidentified" and therefore fails to be a UFO. :)>Which is exactly what I was saying :)

Many UFO sightings turn out to be asteroid or comets.Both are extraterrestrial but easily identified as natural.Indeed the only way to positively identify a (new) extraterrstrial vehicle as such is to exclude any option that it is of terrestrial origin.But it CAN be identified as being a mechanical contraption of unknown origin, therefore loosing the qualification UFO. After all, it's no longer unidentified as a vehicle, it's merely an unknown owner and possibly unknown technology.One of the reasons the USAF went public with the F-117 was to reduce the number of UFO sightings around their base and the anticipated further increase in such when they started flying in daytime.Many UFO sightings in the USSR were caused by rockets lifting off from Plesetsk cosmodrome which had been built in deepest secrecy without even most of the people living within sighting distance of the launches having been informed.But remember that the term "UFO" isn't applicable to only alien spacecraft. It's anything that's in the sky but the observer cannot recognise at the moment.A strange cloud formation that is not recognised as such has been reported more than once as a UFO sighting with the UFO diehards claiming left and right that anyone debunking their decision that it's an alien spacecraft are in the pay of the Government and trying to suppress the "knowledge" about UFOs.

Guest flyhi

Hello. Thanks for participating once more in this topic.But it's the 2nd time you post without really answering the questionstated in the topic. I have asked something and you have said anything than that.It's ok. Just to mention. No problem, after all i like talking about a subject i find inetresting.It is just that could be boring for other people who read the title of the topic get in and see others than expected. Therefore allow me not to talk about anything else than what the topic has been created for.Create a topic for general stuff about the things you write and i'll participate.This i mention for all people who would like to post here in the future, don't take it personal.Asteroids, comets, planes, rockets, cloud formations ? You want some more for the list ?Fireworks, antenna lights, radar lights, thunderbolts, parachuters of special forces doing nightjumps, helicopters, planes in fog, satellites, city lights after a stormy night, meteorological ballons, planes and rockets, the sun/the moon/the planets even other galaxies and faraway stars/supernovas, satellite pieces and many others as well, as we have been listen at or as we have been told. Natural or not it doesn't change the fact. And the fact is that many things turn out either without an answer or with too may ones. So, anyone can choose what fits best. No problem. As i have said i keep my mind open. To everything. "Indeed the only way to positively identify a (new) extraterrstrial vehicle as such is to exclude any option that it is of terrestrial origin.But it CAN be identified as being a mechanical contraption of unknown origin, therefore loosing the qualification UFO.After all, it's no longer unidentified as a vehicle, it's merely an unknown owner and possibly unknown technology."So, whats the reason to talk about it is what you mean ? The fact that an object is identified as a mechanical vehicle tells nothing by itself.AND read the term: Unidentified flying object. In other words the term itself tells us about an object that can FLY ! It says us: there is an object that is able to fly (statement:flying) but even though we see it and it is up there we are not able to identify it.In two words, the term itself gives us an idea of what is all about. Eversince it is "flying" you already know that it could be a device as well.And also, there are two words that people confuse. These words are: unidentified and unknown. Different things.What you write is about known and unknown. For example.A police officer wants to check you (while driving yr car let's say or when you are at an airport). What is he looking for ? YOUR ID of course. Identify yourself he tells you in other words !! He KNOWS, you are a human being man or woman, BUT it's yr ID he wants. He will not take you to the police station to search for you becouse you are a human being, but propably he will do it if you have not yr ID card with you !So Identify, unidentify, unidentified flying objects and not unknown flying objects we talk about.

Guest j-mo

"One of the reasons the USAF went public with the F-117 was to reduce the number of UFO sightings around their base..."Really?? I find this extremely difficult to believe! The F-117 was new, groundbreaking technology that was intentionally kept under wraps so that its initial mission would catch an enemy totally unaware of its existence. Establishing and keeping secrecy reagarding the development and existence of this aircraft was not easy, but well worth it in the end, as evidenced by its success in the Persion Gulf.A lot of insight into this can be found in the book "Skunk Works," the developer of the F-117, by Ben Rich, who headed up that part of Lockheed's operation for nearly 20 years.

Jeroen,Very few UFO sightings are attributable to asteroids or comets, primarily because virtually all of these are below naked eye visibility. It is generally the bright planets (particularly Venus), artificial satellites, or possibly meteors that are mistaken for alien spacecraft.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest yarvelling

Nikolas...I'm sorry but, you're not making much sense here....with virtualy every reply to your topic you keep on stating the same things: that when an unidentified flying object is identifed as such, it is no longer 'unidentified'...and then ask for more posts....You've already had one very good example given by the ex-naval chap who saw odd lights jinking around the clouds, but give no reaction, yet argue every other post in the ways given above in my first paragraph...are you just trying to get people here to publish their accounts with the intention to ridicule them? I don't see any constructive discussion with other posters here.I myself a few years ago had the fright of my life one winters night whilst doing a bit of stargazing through my old telescope...I had fixed onto the Orion Nebula and was looking at Trapezium very closely because it is a gorgeous sight when all of a sudden my view wasa shattered by a series of red and green flashing lights...enormous in my tiny field of view. I fell back from the telescope with my heart pounding...my throat dry and my thoughts spinning wildly! Of course, when I looked up with unaided eyes at the clear night sky I could see a passenger jet making it's way at FL300+ right across the constellation of Orion....it must have by some pure fluke, passed across the limited scope of the eyepiece in my telescope and appearing magnified at those levels, coming unexpectedly out of nowhere, had shocked the living cr@p out of me!! It is to this day a UFO though as I have no clue as to what kind of airliner it was, where it was from, or to where it was going.....That's really my only story of anything 'odd' in the sky....and having lived for many years near to USAF bases here in England, I'm used to odd formnations of light moving very fast and in what appear to be unusual patterns, and of times when the sky lights-up in a most eerie fashion when a late KC-135 on finals, flying over lonely and dark country roads such as those that I have to use when driving home from work of a night, is coming 'home' with all lights blazing out of wheel wells, lower fusalage strips etc, making a very strange sight at a distance!However, don't missunderstand me here...I too keep a very open mind and am quite open to the idea of extra-terrestrial visitors buzzing us...To say that it wouldn't be an economical viability for them really is mere presumption based on human economies driven by governments who thrive on running up huge debts! What's to say that an 'alien' civilisation that has finally mastered the methods of powered flight at speeds in excess of the speed of light, and are now busy exploring the galaxy, are driven by similar capitalist monetary systems? Perhaps money as we know it no longer plays a part in their way of life...it is after all, only a man-made device in order that we may fix a token value on an object or service and thus trade or barter using it, and has sadly become a millstone around the necks of so many, any dictates the rise or fall of everyone. If it is possible that a species from another World has finaly thrown off the shackles of financial constraints, then it is wholly feasable that for them, a jaunt around the galaxy would be nothing other than a few years ar maybe even months (in whatever span they use to determine time), away from home, and it would of course be of extraordinary scientific value to whizz around over the destination planet, closely checking-out the agriculture and technology on show...planet Earth would give them an awful lot to study with it's areas of such obvious wealth and poverty being clearly visible from the air, and to see that we are the ones responsible for all those bizaar radio and TV broadcasts over the past 60 years, and how we've advanced since those broadcasts were received, could be of utmost fascination for them! Infact they may even look down upon us with sad eyes, recognising us as how they were millenia ago!! Nope, I don't doubt their existance, and as the Hubble telescope keeps discovering more and more planets around more stars within our galaxy, the likelihood of their existance grows stronger and stronger......I just wish they'd bl00dy land and say "Hi" sometime!!! ;)