Sign in to follow this  
KiwiFlyer

PMDG 777 Mouse wheel to spoiler axis assignment

Hi all,

I would like to be able to operate the spoilers using the mouse scroll wheel.  Is there any way to assign the axis to the scroll wheel?  I've managed to assign the mouse wheel to the Spoilers Extend/Retract key in the FSX control settings but this requires that the mouse cursor is placed over the speedbrake when it is to be used.  I'd like to be able to stay in cockpit view and just spin the scroll wheel as required.

Thanks,

KF 

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I am not aware of any method to convert the mouse wheel into a controller axis. If you do not have a axis available then you are limited to simple keycommands.

Dan Downs KCRP

The mouse scroll wheel is far too useful for setting MCP inputs, etc to assign full time to the speedbrake axis anyway. It takes no time to look down at the speedbrake lever put the mouse over it and use scroll wheel to move it (or click and drag it). PMDG also provided a half way extension click spot on the pedestal. It's not as if you need to fine adjust the lever much. I tend to extend speedbrake with the / key until it's not required then retract it.

ki9cAAb.jpg