Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Aerosoft EDDM - P3D V3 - Problem

Hi guys,

I thought I take a try at installing Mega Airport Munich into P3D.

I used the installer and selected the P3D folder. After copying the files it gave me an error saying that the Addon Manager is not available or something like this.

So I manually added the folder to the Scenery library.

When I am at EDDM everything looks good. But I have problems with the parking positions and taxiways.

I am a complete noob when it comes to scenery. Maybe someone of you can help me here.

The scenery I added is on the top of the list.

I attach a pic, showing what's going on...

Thanks a lot,

Stefan

http://i.imgur.com/gTZwgLU.jpg

Hi Stefan,

there is a list with compability to P3DV3 on the aerosoft website, where you can have a look, which sceneries are able to be installed in P3DV3. The others you can try to install with the Estonia Migration Tool, but there is no support on that - you do it on your own risk.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/p3dv3/

Cheers,

Stephan

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Have you just copied over the core EDDM folder? I don't remember if that applies to Munich, but a lot of aerosoft sceneries put files in a folder called AFD. Check if you have this folder after installing and copy it to P3D, activating it in the library above the airport.

I had Munich working fine in v2.5, haven't tested yet in v3.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Do you have Mytraffic installed?

Yup!

Have you just copied over the core EDDM folder? I don't remember if that applies to Munich, but a lot of aerosoft sceneries put files in a folder called AFD. Check if you have this folder after installing and copy it to P3D, activating it in the library above the airport.

I had Munich working fine in v2.5, haven't tested yet in v3.

No AFD folder whatsoever :-(

I did not copy anything at all. I used the installer provided by Aerosoft and pointed to the P3D folder and hit "install" ;-)

Thought that I would run into problems as I had a look at the Aerosoft list before regarding compatibility. But everything went fine except for parking positions and taxiways.

Folder structure looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/LOsASMs.png

Oh and what I also found: There is no traffic on the streets around the airport.

Oh and what I also found: There is no traffic on the streets around the airport.

That's because AES or AES Lite (Vistamare) does not work in P3D (only in FSX).

If you want the runways lights back für some AS airports in P3D, look here: www.simmershome.de

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

That's because AES or AES Lite (Vistamare) does not work in P3D (only in FSX).

If you want the runways lights back für some AS airports in P3D, look here: www.simmershome.de

Thanks. I already found the "light fix".

But my AI traffic is still going through the grass like crazy and the parking positions do not match the scenery.

Guess there is something gone wrong with the bgl files?!

In post #4 Farlis asked whether you had MyTraffic installed - I'm guessing (since I don't use it), but would MyTraffic possible include .afd or .bgl files for EDDM? You should do a scan for duplicate afcads on your system.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

In post #4 Farlis asked whether you had MyTraffic installed - I'm guessing (since I don't use it), but would MyTraffic possible include .afd or .bgl files for EDDM? You should do a scan for duplicate afcads on your system.

That's exactly why I asked for it.

In the Mytraffic Scenery folder there is either a AF2 or BR2 file with an EDDM suffix. Delete or move it into a backup folder. Problem solved.

And I answered in post 5 ;)

How can I do the scan?

In the Mytraffic Scenery folder there is either a AF2 or BR2 file with an EDDM suffix. Delete or move it into a backup folder. Problem solved.

Ok, will try this! Thank you for the hint!

Just FYI:

Deleting the files in MyTraffic did not change anything.

I had to delete the .bgl file from P3D ( /Scenery/WEUR or something like this).

Now It works.

But no lights. I have to install the light fix from simmershome.

Thanks for the hint with deleting the files.