Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

WANTED MD-11 for V.3

Would any enterprising developer consider this please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well ok...but er..ah...I just wanted to give you a head's up, that your Avatar, might have a personal hygiene issue, or two.......just sayin'....."  :excl:

Any kind of update would be highly appreciate.

Why would I move to P3D without MD11 ? ... :-)

Artur 

PMDG took the MD-11 out from their products on December 14, 2015. They made clear that a P3D version will never happen and that the use of the FSX version in P3D violates their EULA.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

PMDG took the MD-11 out from their products on December 14, 2015. They made clear that a P3D version will never happen and that the use of the FSX version in P3D violates their EULA.

I wasn't asking for a PMDG version as they have made it very clear.

There are other developers though and this question was geared for them.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I wasn't asking for a PMDG version as they have made it very clear.

There are other developers though and this question was geared for them.

Don't you just hate when others put words in your mouth? :smile:

I cannot imagine any other developer that would even come close to PMDG's 11 system depth.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I cannot imagine any other developer that would even come close to PMDG's 11 system depth.

There's a few excellent PMDG-level developers out there who make airliners. Also, I can see P3D surviving as a viable sim platform for the next 10 years (look at FS9, still kicking after over a decade). Given 10 years, I think it's possible that the existing A-list developers (and inevitable newcomers) may create an MD-11. After all, it's still a very relevant and accessible aircraft. Even if they don't, you have the TFDi 717 to look forward to, which is kinda like a baby MD-11. 

I've heard this Genuine Simulations company plans to eventually develop an MD-11 for P3D.  After all, they did a bang up job on their A380 that has engine and flight modeling within 5% of actual Boeing aircraft performance charts.  Doesn't get much better than that.  All I can say is SHAZAM!!

gomer2_zpssxxvk4il.jpg

Chris Sunseri

I've heard this Genuine Simulations company plans to eventually develop an MD-11 for P3D.  After all, they did a bang up job on their A380 that has engine and flight modeling within 5% of actual Boeing aircraft performance charts.  Doesn't get much better than that.  All I can say is SHAZAM!!

gomer2_zpssxxvk4il.jpg

:Big Grin:

They built only  about 200 of these, and the last one was built 15 years ago. I would imagine that a sim company looking for a new aircraft to market would take that into consideration. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I guess I don't understand why PMDG couldn't just port the MD11 over to P3D with as little effort as possible. Redirect the installer and registry items, maybe update some of the cockpit textures and there ya go. Maybe even give it sub-$50 or 60 price tag to lure skeptics. The hard work has already done... just a few hours of work and bam, new revenue stream. But they seem like smart folks so I'm sure I've missed something...

• Upvote 2

I want my Gomer Pyle approved A380. 

We may just get our wish skywolf...I just have to e-mail them my credit card number first B)

Chris Sunseri

We may just get our wish skywolf...I just have to e-mail them my credit card number first B)

Good Luck to you.  We shall all wait (indefinitely) for you to share the results.  Looks epic Gomer Pyle A380 - looks like a must have addon :fool::Tounge:

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)