Sign in to follow this  
MDFlier

Taxi2Gate KMCO Install question

I'm worried that I may have botched my Taxi2Gate KMCO updates. There wasn't much documentation, so I used what seemed to be the most logical. 

Step 1.) I installed KMCO using the installer and started a flight sitting at a gate to make sure it worked. Saved the test flight and exited without flying. 

Step 2.) I ran the KMCO 1.2 installer and loaded the test flight to make sure that it worked. Exited w/o flying. 

Step 3.) I extracted what I believe is called update 2, which comes in a .rar file. It has a KMCO folder with a Texture and a Scenery folder in it. I copied the entire folder right over top of the KMCO folder located in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\KMCO. (There is a KMCO folder and a KMCO-TERRAIN folder under there). Loaded saved flight and exited again. 

Step 4.) I downloaded the KMCO_AF.bgl file from the support site in addition to the 2 updates above. There is NO documentation on this file. When I d/l it, the create dated gets set to the time I downloaded it. The KMCO_AF.bgl file in the update 2 .rar file is from 5-29-15, and is 99.9k in size. This stand alone file from the web site is 76.9k and has a create date of 11-15, which is when I downloaded it and it has a size of only 76.9k. 

I've gotta say that I am not very happy with T2G for not providing so much as a thread on their mostly broken web site as to what updates to install in which order.

The updates are listed here - > http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84.

• The first listing is for "Update 2.1", but the file name is  MCO-UPDATE12-1.exe and the installer reports version 1.2
  • The second listing is for "AFCAD", and is the AFCAD file by itself. (This is the 76.9k mystery one that you can't get a create date for, and has no description explaining the reason for it's existence)
  • The third listing is for " AI Traffic cross bridges, jetway logos" and the file name is KMCO-UPDATE2-1.rar. To me, that looks like update 2, 
As a test, I just put the bigger AFCAD from the Update 2 back in place, It's got an extra 23k of something in it. 

I LOVE this airport. They did a marvelous job. The jetways are beautiful, and they do work, but they don't adjust to the height of the doors on different aircraft, The screwy AFCAD is just annoying as hell. Why do such a fantastic job, and leave these last two little (in the grand scheme) things undone?

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

No one else has this, or has installed it? Is it my deodorant? Can anyone here even spell KMCO?  :P

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Is it my deodorant?

I have the same problem and have searched the web for a solution.  For right now have left .rar file and the free standing BGL file in a temp folder until I figure it out, so you're not alone.

Hey guys did you ever get any support on this?  I just bought the latest version of T2G KMCO, is this update to be done on the latest download from SimMarket?  I agree their support is not good but they really did an amazing job with the scenery. 

No. I did not. As near as I can tell, install the "KMCO-Update12-1.exe" first, and then "KMCO-Update2-1.rar" second. I'm not using the "mystery" afcad. 

This is still my favorite airport. At least 40% of my flights originate or end there. I just wish the jetways would adjust to the aircraft door height. Oh well. Nothing in FSX is 100% perfect, this airport is 98% there IMO. 

They really need some kind of support, though. A response on their forum would be nice every 6-9 months or so... :ampun:

I am resolute to make this a respectable payware airport on my own with Wed and Overlay Editor.  I have to agree that making scenery like this is really not easy and it takes a lot of man hours and knowledge of coding but these guys should really offer some support.  I have started to mess with it and I am making some good strides with it but the problem is that even if I get it to be an awesome scenery I will not be able to share with you all because its payware. Who knows maybe I will start to work on the Gateway version of it and make it a good variation of it.  As far as I know no one is working on a new scenery for KMCO.