Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Very strange issue with P3D V3

Yes of course. I use PFPX and then load the flight I created into the FMC

Go to the FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder and delete ARPT_RWY.dat file. It will rebuild on the next sim load. That may fix the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

I've been having this same problem with V3 and both the 777 and NGX.  After submitting a ticket, the response I got was that there seems to be an issue between PMDG aircraft and the migration tool that alot of us use.  If you've used that tool before, that's probably causing the issue, according to Ryan and Paul from PMDG.  

-Chris Jepsen

I keep my fps locked at 30.

But if it's stutters, then I would have seen the same in V2.5 no?

What are WHEA errors?

Potentially but v3 has changed a lot from v2.5. A lot of addons are still basically ported directly over from v2.5 or even FSX so there is a lot of room for something to go wrong.

I just tested the chronograph myself with the 777 and v3 and the timing seemed more or less perfect. This problem seems to be a very specific one which I think requires the knowledge of the support guys.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I am not using a migration tool I installed using PMDG installers which were compatible with V3.

Thanks Scandi!

Potentially but v3 has changed a lot from v2.5. A lot of addons are still basically ported directly over from v2.5 or even FSX so there is a lot of room for something to go wrong.

I just tested the chronograph myself with the 777 and v3 and the timing seemed more or less perfect. This problem seems to be a very specific one which I think requires the knowledge of the support guys.

Should I apply for a ticket then?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am not using a migration tool I installed using PMDG installers which were compatible with V3.

Should I apply for a ticket then?

To be clear - you don't even have to use the tool on our products. Even if it's simply installed on your system (to migrate scenery, as an example), it can cause issues.

Yes, you might as well submit a ticket. Any time you want active participation from the team, you should submit a ticket.

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't use the migration tool to install the PMDG aircraft either.  But, I did have the migration tool installed on my computer to move some of my FSX sceneries over to P3D.  Paul said that the tool messes with the Windows registry and can cause problems with their aircraft.

Ok I understand better now. I didn't use a migration tool for my other addons but I did install P3D V2.5 sceneries directly into V2.

Could this cause issues? If so would it help if I reinstalled the T7?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Ok I understand better now. I didn't use a migration tool for my other addons but I did install P3D V2.5 sceneries directly into V2.

Could this cause issues? If so would it help if I reinstalled the T7?

Yes. As I mentioned earlier, it can cause issues simply by being installed. No, reinstalling the 777 will not help the issue.

See here (yes, I know this refers to the NGX, but the process is the same for any of our products):

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a115/737ngx-loads-minimized-in-p3d-v3_0.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

I decreased the clock from 25X to 22X and still the same time lag, 1:41 for every P3D minute

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I have the same issue in the 737NGX. One min in the sim takes about 1:50 in real time. I'm suspecting it could be due to an addon, so it would be interesting if you could list all the addons you have installed to see if we can find the problem. I have the following addons installed:

Aircrafts:

PMDG 737NGX and 777

Alebo DA42

Majestic Q400 Pro

Tools:

Fsuipc

Active Sky Next SP4

FS2Crew for the 737 and 777

Sceneries:

Aerosoft Bergen, Oslo and TromsøX

Flightbeam KIAD and KSFOHD

FSD GSX

Flytampa CYUL

ORBX global base, vector, Open LC europe and Norway region

LatinVFR Miama V3

I have not used the migration tool for this install.

Marius S

Good news!

I updated to win 10 from win 7, and it cured this issue!

On top of that performance doubled!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Are there any new information about this problem? P3D's clock seems fine and in sync with my computer's clock. But PMDG's clock is definitely slower. I timed it and in real 60 seconds PMDG's time was only 21 seconds.

This delayed clock affects everything on the plane. Even the loading initialization time takes longer.

I'm also running P3D v3, 773, Win 7. Win 10 is not an option for me.

Are there any new information about this problem? P3D's clock seems fine and in sync with my computer's clock. But PMDG's clock is definitely slower. I timed it and in real 60 seconds PMDG's time was only 21 seconds.

This delayed clock affects everything on the plane. Even the loading initialization time takes longer.

I'm also running P3D v3, 773, Win 7. Win 10 is not an option for me.

Our clock runs off of a really really low-level system timer on your machine. Might you have an ASUS mobo?

Kyle Rodgers

Our clock runs off of a really really low-level system timer on your machine. Might you have an ASUS mobo?

No ASUS here. Additionally, I tested the 773 in FSX-SE and the clock/chrono synced perfectly. I let it run for over an hour and it was only off by a second.

In P3Dv3 however it was already 2 minutes slower within real 30 minutes (28 minutes on the airplane's clock after running for 30 real minutes). And it doesn't always happen though. If I load the 773 at default airport and default weather the clock seems to run fine. I'm still running tests with different add on combos to see which one makes the time run slow.